Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 11:29:02 AM

Author Topic: Changes In Macro Execution?  (Read 8015 times)

Re: Changes In Macro Execution?
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 04:54:37 PM »
Terry,

I'll give 062 a try.  I've got the ATC working, after a ridiculous amount of pain.  This has to be the single WORST environment for software development I've ever seen.  The compiler will report no errors, then I make a minor change somewhere, and it complains about a syntax error in code that hasn't changed in days!  I'm still concerned about loading G-code files that invoke the macro, as they seem to take FOREVER to load, if they actually ever complete loading at all.  For example, this simple program:

M98 P01 L10
M30
O01
M806 P1
M806 P2
M99
M30

will take several MINUTES to load!

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 07:26:27 PM »
Ray it is all going to depend on WHAT is inside of those Mcodes (;-)  Mach3 does very well as a Gcode controller. Not so well as a macro script interputor.

IF you bog it down with a heavy script load it will choke like a donkey eating a sandspur sandwich. It was not designed for that type of operations.

I have fed it massive amounts of Gcode with subs and vars and it runs like a new clock.  Just don't do ToolComp with that (;-).

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 07:29:41 PM »
HIYA Stirling, DON"T get started , there may not be enough bandwidth.  :o

It just IS what it IS,
(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 07:34:00 PM »
Ray just curious BUT do you have it set to ignore Mcodes on load??  IF it does not have to load the and check the macros it should load that code it the wink of an eye.

(;-) TP
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 08:00:34 PM »
Ray just curious BUT do you have it set to ignore Mcodes on load??  IF it does not have to load the and check the macros it should load that code it the wink of an eye.

(;-) TP

Terry,

Didn't even know that was on option!  I'll check that.  Thanks!

The PDB and ATC are now (once again) fully functional, but boy was it painful getting it there!

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 04:56:40 AM »
HIYA Stirling, DON"T get started , there may not be enough bandwidth.  :o

LOL - well if that ain't the pot calling the kettle.  :P

Yes CB is pretty crap and its interface to Mach leaves something to be desired but as you know I was having a little pop at your reply #8 by trying to give LOGICAL explanations.

So, I've explained why assuming TRUE evaluates to 1 was causing perfectly logical (pun intended) issues and I'm happy to take a shot at explaining every other issue here without resorting to "it's the grinch what done it".  >:D

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 07:48:32 AM »
I like the Dragons explanation better  ;D

I hear that Art is doing another motion controller  for laser/3d printing  :o  ;) ;D

Based on a pokey 57e

Interesting

(;-) TP

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 09:24:23 AM »
Terry:

As you know I never promise anything. I am working on a controller as I need one for my laser. I also feel  like using Tempest finally, so Ill attempt to complete the 6th order planner for the project and at the moment Im still back at the screen designer stage.
  Im curious to see if I can apply a lot of lessons learned over time. Ive got many idea's abut how things could be improved in several area's so I figureded I need a test bed to play with.. It will, as is everything I write from now on, be included in Gearotic,
however it turns out. :)

Art

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 10:31:24 AM »
Art your adventures are ALWAYS a great adventure worth following. I did some research on the pokey are you are correct it IS an interesting critter.

BUT what happend to the beagle bone thingy ??

Nothing wrong with using Gearotic as a base of operations  ;)

(;-) TP