Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:18:54 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Axis Calibration solution  (Read 11519 times)

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 Axis Calibration solution
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 01:20:30 AM »
yes it up to the people to use the thing between there ear`s if you wont put a note on it

This will calibrate your machine only
Feeds and Speeds are up to you to double check
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 01:32:37 AM »
That looks pretty sweet, I cant fault it. Very good work.

i am not sure of the dark grey back ground thou as it doesnt seem to fit the whole mach4 white theme :) but thats just personal preference.

I cant see my website link anywhere haha

Chris
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 01:41:17 AM »
Intent is:

About menu has three parts...1. Instructions (as described below), 2. Calculations (how the calculations are made), 3. Coding (Contributions and acknowledgments)

Calling wizard will pull user's current motors 'CountPerUnit' from their profile's Machine.ini file and display their [motor0-3] current values.

Enter distance to travel = a. check if axes are homed --  b(?). Z axis to machine pos 0.0 -- c. execute gCode

User inputs actual distance traveled and new motor counts per unit is calculated and displayed.

Save = write profile's Machine.ini file with new motor's 'CountPerUnit' in order to update the user's config settings automatically (Easy Button = user to copy / paste new calculation and input into motor config menu)

Update = update the axis calibration window to reflect the new motor's 'CountPerUnit' as the current motor's 'CountPerUnit' so the user may repeat the process until satisfied.

Exit = DESTROY window  :)

...and yes your website is in there in the About / Coding menu item! I can make a second one for you Chris with your website in the caption or anywhere you want it so you can post it on your website specifically if you want.
...and make the background mach4 white, lol
It's taking me a bit because I'm totally dissecting all wizard, panel, wx.Widgets examples in mach4 and on this thread including learning wx.FormBuilder and how the code is generated; comparing wx.FormBuilder code to Brian's and Scott's code and really learning / understanding it. Shoot, after my morning coffee and coppehagen...I now wipe my a$$ with box / grid sizers and event handlers. hehe. No my butt is not big where it takes a grid coordinate system to wipe it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:52:05 AM by Screwie Louie »
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2015, 01:59:29 AM »
That all looks really good, I wouldnt ask you to have another one for my website as it probably to hard go keep 2 things updated when fresh updates roll around and issues pop up.

One query i do have is, what about people with 5-6 axis machines? Would you think its worth while adding b & c?

Keep up the good work.
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2015, 02:05:20 AM »
too easy...will do! b & c it is.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 02:41:11 AM »
I was thinking, is there a waynto make it populate xyz etc based on how many axis you have setup? So for example if you have a 3 axis cnc router setup then it would just show xyz but if you checked a &b in your motor setup then the axis optimizer would then also populate a &b etc rather than showing all 6 axis if you dont have them all.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 03:22:03 AM »
I have a similar thing on my machine using the formula from one of my vids,

always continue..

after updating would be helpful to put a msgbox to inform the user to restart for settings to take affect

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 02:11:52 PM »
Could you also put in a variable slider that easily allowed the user to change the acceleration to see how their motors respond? I know nothing about this area so it may be a silly suggestion.

BTW - I have stepper motors and have the acceleration set at 25. It seems to work pretty well and the motors don't make funny noises.
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 04:10:46 PM »
This would be helpful! Has this been released yet?