Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:40:26 AM

Author Topic: Using Mach3 in metric  (Read 2088 times)

Using Mach3 in metric
« on: July 07, 2015, 08:05:13 AM »
Hi,

I just buy a Milling machine using Mach3. The previous user was certainly using this machine in imperial measurements. I would like to use this machine in metric. The isssue I have is this one. If I start the Mach3 and do probing operation immediately it is working and I'm able to do probing. On the other side if I load a g-code program define in metric before probing operation, when I start probing operation I receive a error message like the probe size is larger than the step size. In my understanding is a conversion error and Mach3 use an imperial measurement as a metric measurement. Is someone may confirm my idea and mostly give me some advise how to correct the situation. I would like to use this machine all the time in metric. Is changing unit in Mach3 is enough to make complete transfer from imperial to metric. (I use confirguration of the previous user (imperial setup) )

Thank you

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Using Mach3 in metric
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 03:16:20 PM »
If you want to work in Metric then change Mach's configuration to Metric. You also need to change "all" your settings to metric ie; motor tuning, etc.

Suggest  a read of the Mach Manual.

RICH