Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:20:06 AM

Author Topic: How I can pause the machine and start from the same point few days after?  (Read 3118 times)

How I can pause the machine and start from the same point few days after?
Hi Just hit the FeedHold button. That will pause the machine. Then when ready hit the Cycle Start button to resume.
Regards
Charlie M.
Thanks Work Great!

There is a way to make an external input via the lpt to the feed hold? (like the E-stop button that I have now)?

Offline olf20

•  325 325
    • View Profile
Like what charlie m said but after hitting the feed hold write down the line number
you stopped at then when you come back and start your machine back up
use the run from here. Put the line number minus one line in and be sure you
have a save Z set and it will resume. Not perfect but pretty darn good.
olf20 / Bob
Mach3, Atlas Knee Mill, 4th Axis, VcarvePro, ESS, Super PID.
Been Heating with corn since 1998

There is a way to make an external input via the lpt to the feed hold? (like the E-stop button that I have now)?

Use an "External Button / OEM Trigger". 
OEM  1001 is the Feed Hold.
Assign it to an input pin.
Russ
 :)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Also what you need to understand is for the Feedhold solution to work you HAVE to leave your machine and computer on all the time you cannot shut it down or you loose position when you restart.

Even if you do a run from here on a startup you cannot just RFH without referencing the machine first. Either manually OR by refhome. Until Reference the machine MAch3 really does not know where it is at in 3d space. It will just ASSUME it is somewhere and set that as the position.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Use an "External Button / OEM Trigger". 
OEM  1001 is the Feed Hold.
Assign it to an input pin.
Russ
 :)

It's work just perfectly,
Because I sent a short pulse and it's not stop on the spot (to prevent losing steps), there is a way to get an output that say that the machine was stopped and it is safe to turn off the power.