Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:24:02 PM

Author Topic: CNC4PC Servo Package - Set up issues  (Read 2351 times)

CNC4PC Servo Package - Set up issues
« on: July 02, 2015, 01:31:35 PM »
Here is my hardware:
Break out board: CNC4PC C32
Running full version of Mach 3
X&Y Power supply: 72V 20A (PS-7220)
X&Y Servo Controller:  DG4S
Motor: Brushed DC Servo
Encoder: AMT103

Wanting to add servo system to my existing stepper controlled 4 x 8 Vortech router, which has been heavily modified, and is still in operation.

Here is the issue we are having:

The drivers are faulting out. The motors will come on and sometimes stay, depending on the step calibrations in Mach 3.
Multiple wires, drivers, & motors have been swapped in and out.
The configurator software shows all connections are good, the motors operate the same way (as described above) when using the calibration/analysis tabs to step the motors.
The Driver PID settings were obtained off of CNC4PC.com

I will be posting this same thread at cnczone also, just trying to get up and running.
Re: CNC4PC Servo Package - Set up issues
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 02:03:54 PM »
Please tell me more and I may be able to help you.

Did the motors calibrate OK?  Are they running smoothly?  What happens if you set the jumper on the C34DG to HARD ENABLE?

Arturo Duncan
http://cnc4pc.com
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 02:18:55 PM »
They have not been calibrated as of yet as I cannot control them, they will turn on & run as well as reverse, smoothly, though.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 02:22:51 PM »
Ken,

I received your email.  I was not able to locate your order in the database so I am not sure what hardware you have.

Please comment on my suggestion about the HARD ENABLE jumper.  It may be that the servo is not tuned ok and it is faulting.  By moving the jumper to the HARD ENABLE, it will force it to be enabled and allow you to tune it.  Once tuned, put it back on the SOFT ENABLE position, so that the circuit on the C32 can detect the servo fault signal.

Arturo Duncan
htttp://cnc4pc.com