Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:03:30 AM

Author Topic: Slow Running  (Read 2459 times)

Slow Running
« on: June 21, 2015, 04:39:53 PM »
Hi
Just trying a Demo Mach3  on a Shapeoko 2 with Nema 17 motors and a TB6560 controller (first attempt at CNC and stepper motors)
Running on a dell Latitude D630 with a parallel port on a docking station.
Drivetest.exe shows about 2500Hz
Motors run very slowly - but if I make the PC do something else such as moving the mouse it all speeds up and then the motors seem to move smoothly. Stop moving the mouse or making the PC do something and it all grinds to a halt.
I have seen it posted that one shouldn't use a laptop. I will pick up a cheap base unit to see if that fixes the problem - but the immediate question is, is this a known problem.

Thanks

Mark

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Slow Running
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 04:57:54 PM »
Laptops are not really supported as there are issues with other pc functions interferring with the operation of Mach.
They can be used with an external motion device.
That goes for a laptop using a docking station. Dell's can be problematic as the signal output to the PP is not clean.
I assume you were meaning 25000 in the dirver test , if , truely 2500, then forget that pc.. So you have one of the famous TB
Chinese controllers that frankly i will not even remark about other than "good luck".

So in general reply to your question...........yes ...know problems.
Oh BTW, don't play with your mouse as that "may" create interference. You can see it in the driver test.  :D

RICH

« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 04:59:30 PM by RICH »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Slow Running
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 08:50:54 PM »
What you are seeing in the Dell is the variable speed processor working. THAT IS one of the reasons WHY laptops are NOT recommended for Mach3 as a general RULE.

(;-) TP