Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 07:28:55 PM

Author Topic: well that's a Screwie Screenset.....having fun with the screen editor  (Read 4227 times)

Hi Dan,Tim,Simpson36, can you load this up and try it out for me? Just need a another pair of eyeballs. Basically, I am using switches that will mirror my order of operations for a project. The screenset is designed for full screen viewing. The gCode can be viewd in gcedit (the last toggle...btw, some toggles will auto shut off, ie gcedit) It's not done yet. The 'open' toggles will be for probing and tool setting when I finish moving and get everything back together. It's all basic screen calls. Revamped the screen load up script and PLC. This was just done with m4's screen editor...--add, delete, modify, PLAY :)

--josh
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 01:18:15 AM by Screwie Louie »
imported the set into another computer. gotta unhide the dros in the screen tree manager and adjust in mach config-toolpath-top & bottom color to black....must be a personal *ini setting. I can just set it at startup in the next edit.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
its ok it`s not for me but it worked well done black death LOL
haha, thanx Dan! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't sacrificing safety or resources by using simple screen calls for a cosmetic make over....hey, we all have our dream girl! :)

Offline TimGS

•  108 108
    • View Profile
I will try this tonight ;D  ... it looks pretty cool; I like the black background :D
Re: well that's a Screwie Screenset.....having fun with the screen editor
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 06:52:37 PM »
Nice job Louie. I actually learned a lot about Lua control over UI elements. I didn't know about the Screen Load and PLC Scripts until I dug into your screens. IS there some documentation that you could point me to?

Thanks

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 07:31:23 PM »
Where is Screwie??

Daz
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 07:33:17 PM »
probably over sea`s deployed
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 07:35:02 PM »
DAZ!!!
Man, I have been watching your videos on Youtube.

Any chance I could bend you ear a little bit about communication between the Arduino and Mach?
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 07:36:05 PM »
So, some things that would make screen dev a lot more intuitive:
Mouse select of Objects
Ability to place objects in front or back of other objects
UNDO!!!!

I think the Biggest thing for me would be the ability to read and write the width and the height of the MACH screen so that I could place a series of size buttons on my screen and maintain aspect ratio.