Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:32:57 PM

Author Topic: A HUGE THANK YOU is in order !!!  (Read 2258 times)

Offline LGF

•  37 37
  • can't sit still
    • View Profile
A HUGE THANK YOU is in order !!!
« on: June 15, 2015, 04:39:36 PM »
Just wanna thank 2 gentlemen here on this forum.

Now I can go on and on about the friendly direction and at least a bump (wasn't kicked) in the right direction. These two blokes in particular helped me more than they realize and finally tonight for the first time in almost two years (since I started building my machine) can I say "IT's WORKING" and working great!! yes I still might need to tweak some small thingy here and there, i.e. flooding not directed at the tip of the mill-bit, but it's no biggy and perhaps just fine tune my  spindle speed/rev counter but other than that the rest is all done.

Got a cross-hair laser, accurate to within .0015 mm
Got "BIG TEX's" tool setter blue screen, what a piece of ART that is, works like you will not believe, just SUPER, no hassles, no overrun's, no breaking bits, no stressing about tool changes and so forth and so forth, Thanx BIG Tex !!

Now, the initial two Gents I want to thank is HOOD and TWEAKIE!!

THANX Guys, thanx for all the advise, the nudges in the right direction the patience you guys showed a Noob like me, you saved me from ending up in some asylum !!!

Thumbs up to the both of you, keep at it, even though it seems your advice and assistance is not appreciated at times, know this I APPRECIATE IT more than I can say.

SO THANK YOU VERY VERY SINCERELY AND VERY VERY MUCH !!!!!

LGF
When I die, will someone please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend my funeral. No need to do or say anything, just attend and stand a short distance away? PLEASE???

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: A HUGE THANK YOU is in order !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 05:26:58 PM »
Thanks for this post! I know Hood and Tweakie well enough to know they do not expect a thank you but it sure is nice to see one from time to time.  :) Your spot on too. They are top shelf material for sure. They do not have a monopoly on it, there are others sitting up there with them but they are always there, no doubt about that.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline LGF

•  37 37
  • can't sit still
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 04:21:03 PM »
Pleasure, I just felt that it truly was required to thank them, again they've showed a lot of patience with a total noob and did not fix the problems per say, but stirred my grey matter enough and as mentioned gave me nudges where needed (always) in the right direction. 

I am on various forums for most of my obsessions, yes I have quite a few, and what I have always found is that guys like Hood and Tweakie are the core of great learning from those in the know and are paramount to any successful forum. I make it a point to thank these kind of people, cause even though they don't know me from a bar of soap, they were very willing to assist and help and for that, my humble gratitude has to be expressed towards them!

Thanx again guys!
When I die, will someone please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend my funeral. No need to do or say anything, just attend and stand a short distance away? PLEASE???

Offline LGF

•  37 37
  • can't sit still
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 04:23:33 PM »
Perhaps soon I should post some pics of the fruits of "their" labour, putty I did not keep a photo diary of the evolutionary stages of my machine, that would have showed al the advice and the help they gave me! Nonetheless, the finished product should, hopefully, be enough to be a pat on back for them!