Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:06:14 PM

Author Topic: Port 1 Pin Current State  (Read 3800 times)

Port 1 Pin Current State
« on: June 11, 2015, 05:31:51 PM »
I switched computers and cloned all info. Now I can not get my torch to move (it feels like it wants to). When comparing to old to the new diagnostic page the 4th Led light from the left under Port 1 Pin current state is on in the new computer but off in the old computer. I need to figure out how to get that light off. Any ideas. They said at the help desk it is a programing thing and doesn't effect anything but it does. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Susanne
Re: Port 1 Pin Current State
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 06:02:48 AM »
Hi Susanne,

I was looking at my diag. page and I also have that light on. I don't have any problems. Just for the heck of it take a look under config/ ports and pins and look at the output tab. compare the two different computers and see if there is something different. On my machine if I don't set the current hi/ low setting then I will get the same symptoms that you described in your first post.
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 08:47:52 AM »
All if my settings match exactly that's what is so frustrating, I have gone through screen by screen trying to figure this out.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 10:27:57 AM »
try changing the printer port settings to epp in the bios
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 04:31:55 PM »
Susanne,

What Breakout board, drivers are you using? Or Maybe a link to the machine you have. Have you checked for loose or or disconnected wiring?
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 09:07:57 PM »
I tried epp and ecp and neither one will work, checked all wiring and connections. Can't link the two as the original is having issues where it keeps loosing height with every plunge of the torch (yet another issue to deal with)

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 05:38:20 PM »
Hello Susanne,

Did you have any luck with your problem?
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 08:02:08 PM »
no, I think when I get back from my trip I am just going to go ahead and wipe off everything and start from scratch with reloading. I talked with the guy at Mach3 and he suggested doing that since I had cloned all of the previous info from my old computer (which of course wasn't working correctly) Once I do that I will give a shout out if I get stuck. Thanks for everyone's input.
Susanne