Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:57:18 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Homing & Darwin Issue  (Read 4013 times)

Mach4 Homing & Darwin Issue
« on: June 10, 2015, 04:27:10 AM »
Hi to all,

Im using Mach4 since two weeks- nice Software with lots of features.  
After looking videos and reading the docs I got the machine running.
Ecept one issue: The homing.
Im using one home switch per axis.

I installed the darwin parallel port Interface and configured the homing switches as input signals.
In the Mach4 settings I redirected the signals to the expected homing Inputs for the three axes.
In the diag screen I see that the homing singnals are working correctly (The "Home-LED" of the regarding Axis toggles).
I don't use limit switches, so I left these setting unconfigured (not available) because I want to use the soft limits.

When I try to home one or all axis the machine state changes to "Homing". And that was it. Nothing happens. No movement.
No error message. I get the control back with emergency stop, so the Software don't freeze.

Is there anyone who knows these bevavior?  ???

Regards from a Mach4User  :)
Re: Mach4 Homing & Darwin Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 08:05:43 AM »
When you set up the motors in Darwin, did you remember to specify the home signal for each motor?

Peter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 06:19:52 AM »
Hi Peter,

yes, I think so. I attached a "mixed screenshot" with all relevant settings I did.
Any idea?  ???
Thanks!!
Sebastian

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 06:31:42 AM »
have you tried dazthegas homeing code
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 06:51:36 AM »
I thought that the code of dazthegas is a work around for ESS-specific problems.
Thanks, I'll give it a try!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 09:36:31 AM »
Ok, I've had a look. Do you mean the homing offset workaround?
This is based on homed axes- but my problem is that there's no movement when I try to home the axes.

Additional info: When I try to activate the home switch manually the machine is already in "homing state".
I've expected that the homing state will be left. But no reaction- the machine stays in homing state.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 11:09:23 AM »
Sebastion,

It`s not a code issue.  As you point out, you`re using the parallel port.  And homing works, I use it all the time.

That said, you seem to have covered the setup issue I asked about.  Does jogging within Darwin work okay?

Since I favour the simplist answer to problems, I suspect the culprit is related to the other problem you have posted about.  That one does look suspiciously like a license issue.  Be aware that sometimes updates to M4 break licensing.  What versions are you using for M4 and Darwin?

Hang in there.

Peter
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 12:37:55 PM »
Hey Peter,
seems to be a license problem.
I'll first fix this issue and test again (Details in the Darwin tread)-
thanks for your support!

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 05:29:23 PM »
you may have home in place set
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 06:13:48 PM »
Try negating the signal. I had the same problem months ago and Art said the way Mach 4 works is it doesn't expect to see a signal voltage from your limit or homing switches until they are tripped. It all depends on how they are wired NO or  NC. I followed the recommendation in the Mach 3 users manual for NC so there is always a signal voltage going across the switch. When the switch is tripped the switch goes to an opened state and the signal voltage is lost. I wired my mill this way, way before there was ever a Mach 4 and it has worked flawlessly for home and limits. Then Mach 4 came along and that changed everything.