Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:42:41 PM

Author Topic: trouble in dxf import  (Read 3405 times)

trouble in dxf import
« on: April 26, 2007, 03:53:47 PM »
hi all, i have a problem to import a dxf generated with Acad LT2000 and saved in DXf r12.it is impossible to use LCAM becose the format of file is not compatible with my CNC. i dont understand why the arc have a line called G0 (rapid) from the init arc to the final point of arc . i cut the polyuretane with the nikelcrome wire.
thank for all help.

sorry for my english  :(

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: trouble in dxf import
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 04:19:43 PM »
Hi, Bibox

Post your DXF & LazyCam Tap files so we can take a look at them.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 04:31:54 PM »
hi Chip, i dont have now the files, i send you tomorrow and i try to new test in other files.
another question is: why will not respect the sequence of the drawing?

if i draw one line fron 0,0 to 0,100 and 0,100 to 100,100 when convert in iso code the sequence is not the same sequence of the drawing. this is very important, because to cut the polyurethane with the hot-wire is not possible to leave Z axis ;D and the path of cut is optimized in the drawing development.
regards and
very thanks
see you tomorrow

bibox

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 05:15:01 PM »
Hi, Bibox

What Post Processor are you using, LazyCam Pro has a Hot Wire Post option have you looked at it.

Depending on how complex your drawings are manual g-code may be an option, most Post Processors Optimize the drawings to some degree.

Thanks, Chip

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 03:41:02 PM »
hi Chip

the complex of the drawing is very easy, consit in a line and arc (i cut polyurethane)
in attach you have an example of this drawing.
my post is the original import dxf (File - Import dxf) on mach3 , the LCAM will not work property because the format of file output is not compatible with my machine.
the problem is the sequence of cut. will not repsct the order of darawing  >:(
you see the original file and the same file to work in my machine.

thank's for your help

bibox