Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:52:40 AM

Author Topic: Disable button border??  (Read 5357 times)

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
Disable button border??
« on: June 09, 2015, 09:54:32 AM »
Bit stumped on this one,

local disableLuaPanel3Dborder = true;  will disable the 3d border for a lua panel..

is there anything anywhere to disable the border on a bitmap button using the wxBORDER_NONE parameter for instance.

DazTheGas

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:59:01 AM by DazTheGas »
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Disable button border??
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:13:26 AM »
Simpson posted some info on this a few months back.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 10:45:04 AM »

Mach4 screen GRAPHICS -- makin' it Purdy - read all of that but nothing there unless Simpson found it and forgot to say ;)

DazTheGas

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 11:40:55 AM »
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 11:57:05 AM »
Kinda got that feeling, so ive started converting all of my screen to luapanels and adding me own layout, will lose the benefit of the editor but i need the buttons.

Code: [Select]
modbus_con_led = wx.wxBitmapButton( panel, wx.wxID_ANY, wx.wxBitmap( mod_led_off, wx.wxBITMAP_TYPE_ANY ), wx.wxDefaultPosition, wx.wxDefaultSize, wx.wxBU_AUTODRAW+wx.wxNO_BORDER )
    modbus_con_led:SetBitmapDisabled( wx.wxBitmap( mod_led_on, wx.wxBITMAP_TYPE_ANY ) )

DazTheGas
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 06:30:42 PM »
Can you explain this to me a little? (wxLua code / panel wise) These buttons just don't seem right with the border always on.
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 08:06:39 PM »
Nevermind. I found the Wizard Function Param CheatSheet.pdf. I'll figure it out.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,28129.0.html
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:37:28 PM by Chaoticone »
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 06:22:07 AM »
ok...it is NOT the cheatsheet that helped but, darn...that control code mcs file really did! (in the toolbox, if you are happening to read this) only took me, idk, NINE freaking hours to figure it out (stand-alone frame/ wizard) and the girlfriend stomping off to bed hating my gutz....Daz, how do you get your button to stick to a lua panel IN mach4? Are you able to toggle it?

--j

btw, love launching the nukes in the wizard!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 06:27:12 AM by Screwie Louie »

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 05:08:35 AM »

Mach4 screen GRAPHICS -- makin' it Purdy - read all of that but nothing there unless Simpson found it and forgot to say ;)

DazTheGas

I did not forget, I gave up in utter frustration at the developer's lack of interest in supporting people who are willing to spend their time working to provide MACH4 a more ergonomic and professional GUI  . . . and sharing that with the community.   Perhaps the most worrisome things about MACH4 is lack of support.

While I fully recognize that a user oriented screen editor must have certain restrictions to prevent novices from completely destroying the integrity of the system, refusal to add a feature like turning off button borders can only be pure stubbornness on the part of the MACH4 team.

The reason I wanted the borders off the buttons was to have flexibility in adding realistic images of controls, but it turns out that the alpha channel is not working right on the MACH screens (initially I thought it was), so the usefulness of turning off the button borders will only result in advancing to the next roadblock, which again would require assistance from the developers . .  so I just threw in the towel on using the MACH4 supplied utilities and relying on the MACH4 team to support the effort.

Having said that, it turns out to be an ill wind, because in researching alternatives, I found the 'real' toolbox full of tools in the LUA world. There are several very powerful graphics extensions in addition to wx and pretty much anything I can dream up is doable, but the methods are too advanced (in my opinion) to be sharable on a hobby forum.  However, progress did not cease with the last post in that thread you mentioned, I simply stopped participating because the MACH4 tools are not being used.

You have already discovered the method, you just need the tools. Start with source forge and other repositories where you will find and recognize the example code that has been posted in this forum with two lines changed and the author credit removed. Move on to general google searches which will turn up a whole world of stuff. Pick out what suits you and dig in.  You don't need to be held hostage by the MACH4 team.

Yes, I do have a bit of an attitude about this topic. I do not like having my time wasted on futile efforts.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 09:09:36 AM »
Already taken the road away from the editor and nearly completed re_writting my whole screen custom how I want it purely in script. will be doing a bit of a preview soon, by playing with the rest of wx thats not included with mach4 you will be suprised at some of the results you can achieve, time consuming I agree but thats the whole learning curve, Ive  achieved custom sliders, buttons no borders animated switches and sliders custom radio buttons, leds and all sorts of wonderfull things.

I Totally agree on the lack of support for those of us that are spending all our spare free time making Mach4 what it is and can be.

DazTheGas