Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 11:38:09 PM

Author Topic: Bobcad 2007 posts and other novelties  (Read 6466 times)

Bobcad 2007 posts and other novelties
« on: April 26, 2007, 01:20:32 PM »
I got the newest version of Bobcad, but as of yet there is no post available for Mach 3.  Bobcad will release post processors on a first come/priority basis...the more requests and sooner they get them, will move things up the priority list.  Getting or thinking of getting the latest Bobcad? Then print off a Post Processor Request form from Bobcad's website and fax it in ASAP.  As for the new Bobcad...can't tell much about it until I cut something.  It acts more intelligent so far.

Unrelated but maybe some worthwhile info. I posted a bit of a lament 'everything has gone haywire',  last fall, when I suffered a series of drive failures with my Gecko g320's. My router has been up and running for most the winter with no problems. The source of grief?  Poor grounding and dirty rural power. I replaced all my encoder cables with shielded cables and made sure they can bleed off properly.  Made sure things are grounded properly back to the source. I added surge protection right in the breaker box.
When time allows a new breaker panel goes in the shop, and some new isolated ground recepticles and wire, etc. Maybe bury another ground rod out by my shop...maybe not.

Dirty job figuriing this one out. Stumbled on the solution when I read about a plant in Ohio with CNC machinery failing constantly. Poor grounding in the plant.  A fried modem in my house and blown lightbulbs clued me into the dirty power aspect.

Hope this spares somebody grief down the road.
Re: Bobcad 2007 posts and other novelties
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 02:11:05 PM »
this is the post from BobCadCam V20 try it and let me know if it works.
Chuck
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 06:37:07 PM »
I have asked bobcad support for a post for both Mach 2 and 3 for V2007. they should be ready in about a week. Bobcad support is back-up with requests for post. V2007 is really starting to sell (from what I have been told). When I recive the post I will e-mail to anyone who wants it and I'll try to post it here too.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 11:50:56 PM »
Thanks in advance. We really appreciate help like this.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 09:51:56 AM »
Also tell us what you think about the new Bobcad 2007 :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 11:19:23 AM »
I'm still in the process of learning the new software. But I can say from being a Bobcad user sence V19 it is a major improvement. First having a real solid form on the screen is great (from the ghost image of the past). The tool and data manger is very simular to other software packages.I have not had a change to run any code on my Tormach yet (due to no post). Having Predator is a great add on (as everyone know Bobcad simulation was a joke).They have set-up the software for a few upgrades. Lathe comes next then a real 4th axis (witch is what I'm waiting for) and then a 5th axis program. All and all I'm pretty impressed with this upgrade. Bobcad takes a lot of heat for there way of past pratices (and they earned it).But I think Bobcad will be a software to keep an eye on.There no way you can compare it to top end programs like full blow mastercam X2. Before upgrading I was looking at switching to onecnc pro mainly for 4th axis. Onecnc pro has some more (better options) tool paths. But in my case the upgrade was less than a year maintences fee for basic mastercam. What Bobcad is doing will not only help the bobcad user but the will keep other software vendors on there toes. If you did not have companies like Bobcad or onecnc how much do you think mastercam would charge?
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 04:21:18 PM »
Bobcad released an update for V2007 today. you can find it here  http://www.bobcad.net/updates/
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 08:12:51 PM »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 07:52:04 PM by Lakeside design »
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 04:23:06 PM »
with the post for both Mach 2 and 3 if you get code that looks funny with the m30 before the end what you should do

If you right click "CAM Part" and left click on "Current Settings", it
will bring up the "Milling Settings" dialog box. Click on "Posting" in
the left window and un-check "Output Subprograms" in right window under
"Sequence Numbers". The program will now be generated sequentially,
without subprograms. You may also change the "Sequence Numbers" and
"Increment" for the main program body.