Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:13:59 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 spindle setup problems  (Read 2388 times)

Mach 3 spindle setup problems
« on: June 02, 2015, 06:21:05 AM »
Hi There, I am trying to upgrade a lathe to a spindle with step/dir and cannot get anything to move, does anyone know if there are any hidden options or interlocks that might be stopping movement?

- If I swap Pulse output pins between my Z axis and spindle, then the servo for spindle moves and Z stepper does not, so wiring to servo and servo parameters seem fine.
- The spindle is set up in ports-pins/spindle, the output pins are setup in motor outputs, currently in motor tuning all numbers are the same as the Z axis since they give visible movement to the servo( although much higher and lower steps/unit have been tried)
- I have tried M3 S5000, the spindle button in manual mode and the up arrow in motor tuning(this works for the other axis), I have also tried setting up the Z axis(functions fine) step/dir pins to be a spindle and nothing responds to spindle commands.

mach3 turn
Smooth stepper ethernet/holmann designs breakout
Windows XP

Cheers
Alan
Re: Mach 3 spindle setup problems
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 12:08:55 PM »
Having same issue. Spindle setup works in the Mach 3 mill, copied the setting to Turn and can't seem to get it running.

Bob

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Mach 3 spindle setup problems
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 01:08:03 PM »
Turn seems to have a few issues. I am having some problems with Turn and the ESS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
Re: Mach 3 spindle setup problems
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 01:12:16 PM »
Alan,

Can you post your XML file? (may need to call it something unique... like AzzA2032.xml to get it to upload.

Have you checked the step and direction option in the ESS config screen and setup the pulse width.
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”