Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 04:24:07 PM

Author Topic: Jogging/Pendant Interface-What is the best way? Ramblings  (Read 39816 times)

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: Jogging/Pendant Interface-What is the best way? Ramblings
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2015, 01:44:47 AM »
my wife would not like that idea
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2015, 02:47:46 AM »
 :o

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2015, 03:15:34 AM »
its all good
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2016, 10:21:55 AM »
TimGS,

I tried your code as I was attempting to setup a pendant in MACH4.  I was able to build the LUA panel as you described and copied all your PNG images into an image directory under Wizards, etc.  The code dies when it hits line 22.

panel:SetBackgroundColour(wx.wxColour(255,255,255));

I am struggling to figure out what is wrong.  It never displays your images.  I am using screen set WX4, this code seems to reference wx.  but I looked online and saw many other examples that do the same thing so I am kind of stumped.  I can not find these commands in any of the LUA manuals or the MACH4 script manual.  Any guidance?  thanks

I know this is an old thread but looked like a good learning tool.

Thanks
Russ

At Breakpoint line: 21 file: C:\Users\rdlarson\Documents\MACH4\mypanelscriptRev5.mcs
At Breakpoint line: 22 file: C:\Users\rdlarson\Documents\MACH4\mypanelscriptRev5.mcs
mcLua ERROR: Lua: Error while running chunk
[string "C:\Users\rdlarson\Documents\MACH4\mypanelscri..."]:22: attempt to index upvalue 'panel' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
   [string "C:\Users\rdlarson\Documents\MACH4\mypanelscri..."]:22: in function 'main'
   [string "C:\Users\rdlarson\Documents\MACH4\mypanelscri..."]:415: in main chunk

mcLua ERROR: Lua: Error while running chunk

Debug session finished.

Offline TimGS

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2016, 12:00:39 PM »
I apologize for not responding.  After being laid off, I had take some time to get my life together.
Look like a lot has changed in Mach 4 and I will have to dust off my controller and get busy :D 
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2016, 10:45:41 AM »
TimGS,
Sorry to hear about you losing your job.  Trust me there is a lot of that going on here in the USA.  Yeah MACH4 has had numerous changes, I still do not have my Pokeys based pendant all working but I do have some things working.  I did get your code to work finally, can't remember exactly what I did to get it to work.  LOL

Been busy at work and need to get back so I can finish up my new ESS based controlled on my machine down stairs and pull out the older parallel interface.  It is all wired up and tested and ready to swap as soon as I get the pendant stuff working again.

Russ