Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 09:04:43 AM

Author Topic: How to update Mach4 builds?  (Read 3717 times)

How to update Mach4 builds?
« on: October 19, 2016, 09:06:00 PM »
So I'm running Mach 4.2.0.2914 hobby with ESS plugin 186 with a CNCRoom MB2 BOB, and I'm having all sorts of troubles, from the probe function not working (G31 just sits there, while running from the probe screen disables Mach) to my spindle speed commands not functioning correctly (S command for RPM is not accurate, and isn't even consistent) to my machine being unable to move after a proximity sensor is tripped.

Of course, browsing these forums for the past few hours has left me with little to show for it, so I've come to the conclusion that perhaps my install, well, just didn't work proper.

So how do I fix the install for MACH 4? I'm thinking of trying the latest build release, but how do I do that without losing the settings I have for the smoothstepper? That's a lot of motor and pin configurations, and I'm getting frustrated at how long this is taking to work.

My profile is attached (from the Help -> Support -> Package Current Profile task) if it helps.

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
Re: How to update Mach4 builds?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 02:14:50 AM »
Just do it it will be fine

Caveat emptor

Backup your mach4 hobby folder off the PC

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 08:02:22 AM »
Where is the data stored for my pin configurations?

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 08:18:20 AM »
in the mach4 folder, thats why i said back it up

but you will be fine

back it up and the do the normal install do not change the default folder name

you can export your config from the menu bar cannot check now as the only windows pc is in the workshop the house is a mac zone
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 08:45:13 AM »
Same results with build 3206: Probing and spindle speed control still not functioning.
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 11:38:18 AM »
If you installed build 3206 and run your old profile, you are probably still
running the old screen set, with its old probing routines.

Try using View > Load Screen > .. and select wx4.set to make sure
you have the current screen set.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 02:35:12 PM »
I did a complete wipe, and re-loaded everything. Mach 4 must still be teething, as G31 finally works, but spindle speed is still all over the place.

My machine also locked up when I hit a limit sensor again, and my only fix is to close Mach, unplug the sensor, reload mach, jog away from the sensor, and plug the sensor back in. Good thing I'm using headphone jacks for the sensors!