Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:12:39 AM

Author Topic: optimum kontroller IV  (Read 12201 times)

optimum kontroller IV
« on: May 11, 2015, 02:37:08 AM »
I am totaly new to mach3 and I would like to use it on my optimum cnc mill. The contoll unit is called "controller IV".
Has anyone here done this before? It would be nice to get my hands on a config file for my control unit :-). If anyone have useful info I would be greatful.

Thanks

Tobbe
Re: optimum kontroller IV
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 06:45:04 AM »
Have you received any more info than you started with regarding the controller vi?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 03:37:07 PM »
Hi all,

I'm also new to the cnc world and facing the same problem as tbear.

I'm assuming that like me you didn't get any literature with the Controller IV other than the invoice.  ??? >:( :-[
Let me know if you get any luck with your setup...I'll share my findings if get anywhere with mine.

Thanks
Darius

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 07:45:20 AM »
Hi Darius,

Welcome to the forum.

Many of the Optimum CNC machines are supplied with Mach3 software (probably an OEM version) and if, for some reason, the owner of the machine and the original software disks have become separated the manufacturer appears unwilling to provide any help at all.
This is a strange situation (although one UK manufacturer of 'educational' CNC machines behaves in the same manner) and the only real way forward is to keep pestering the manufacturer's for information, software etc. relating to their product.

If, despite determined effort, that all fails then perhaps bin the internals of their controller and fit Gecko drives instead http://www.geckodrive.com/

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 08:52:52 AM »
Hi Tweakie cheers.

Gecko seem like an interesting solution but don't really fancy throwing 1000£ worth of 1 month old hardware in the bin so I will keep looking for a software solution. Really trying to stick to that Winston Churchill quote...but enthusiasm is starting to fade.

Dario.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 10:34:36 AM »
Hi Tobbe

For the second year, I was working at home with a home-made milling machines mach 3, so I have already got used to the program.
I work at school, and next week we will supply school workshop lathe and milling machines with optimum Kontroller IV.
I also have an idea of continue to use Mach3.
AS SOON AS I receive Optimum Kontroller IV write how I will succeed.
I am going to use withDDSM4V5.0 200KHz 4-Axis CNC USBMACH3 Card Interface Board

Indulis
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 12:22:30 PM »
Hey.
i am using controller VI ver 2, with mach3
i any want the setup i can help.

gert
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 05:11:48 PM »
Hey.
i am using controller VI ver 2, with mach3