Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:17:17 AM

Author Topic: Limit and Home input inactive  (Read 4895 times)

Limit and Home input inactive
« on: May 05, 2015, 08:23:28 PM »
Hello Matevž,

Recently, I noticed that, Plugin did not update pins configuration for the hardware and status. (v3.1.56)
I selected pin31 and pin32 for Limit, Home switch accordingly and I could not see any changes in Pokeys IO status tap when I toggled either switch. Also, In Pokeys Configuration tool shows this 2 pins inactive.

More issue, How can I get chargepump signal or similar to drive my chargpump circuit? If I do not use Pulse Engine. In this case I want to use Pokeys57E as I/O device for Mach3.

Best Regards,
Weerasak
The CNCRoom.com, the place where Industrial Hobbyists can talk and trade!
www.cncroom.com/forum

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Limit and Home input inactive
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 04:02:02 AM »
Are you using anything else on the pins 31-33 (do you have the LCD enabled)? Try using different pins.

Regarding charge pump output - charge pump is a thing of a motion controller. It should not be output by other I/O devices and thus PoKeys does not support such operation.

Regards,
Matevž

www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 12:46:31 PM »
Nop, I did not use pin31, 32 on other places. Only use in Pulse Engine tap.
below is graphic pins  I get from PoKeys configuration software, I also attach configuration for you to look into.

My procedure like this.
First,  "Clean setting in device"
Second, Config PoKeys plugin until Mach3 see it in Motion Control dialog at startup
Third, goto Plugnin control >> Configure PoKeys56E, import configuration from attach file.

Actually, I have seen this for sometime but did not consult with you because it is minor thing.

Thanks
Weerasak
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 12:50:57 PM by Weerasak »
www.cncroom.com/forum

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 01:24:35 PM »
Try setting up pins 31-33 manually as digital inputs.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 08:44:47 PM »
Try setting up pins 31-33 manually as digital inputs.
Hi Matevž,

Yes, I did this and it works since the beginning. The LED in Pokeys IO status tap change as expected.

I did a Youtube VDO to explain to my beginner users to import correct configure and flash to Pokey57E, before he or she can use the product. But when I watched it myself, I felt that it's not correct procedure and there should be a simpler way to use the product.

This is why I come and raise all issues that I found to get some bug fix, hope things will get better day by day.

Thanks
Weerasak
www.cncroom.com/forum