Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:05:35 PM

Author Topic: Strange, Help, Motor ATuning alters after G-Code loaded, Restart M3, it's fine!  (Read 6103 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
You may want to send in your license code and have it checked.

(;-) TP
Ok, I stepped thru the code. line by line and inserted the X move after each line and it always moved .5"

So I did it as a requested to be and I got 12.75" again
It a demo
I sent you a more private E-mail to your listed account.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
I do not know what you mean by this.  " So I did it as a requested to be"  and I got 12.75" again
I did it one line at a time, after each line I requested a .5" move and it was fine.

G90 G49  G49 G80
G1 X.500 F5 

G91.1 G20
G1 X.500 F5 

G0 X0 Y0 Z0
G1 X.500 F5 

What i was trying to do is find the fail point, it ran fine!

I shut down M3 and restarted M3

Then I followed/ran line as you requested

G90 G49  G49 G80
G91.1 G20
G0 X0 Y0 Z0
G1 X.1 F5 ( take up any slack in the +dir)
M01  (set and Zero the  indicator for X)
(press CYCLE START)
G1 X.500 F5  ( Move .500 "to the right)

At this point the X axis moved 12.75"

I checked the calibration, and the Dial indicator moved .5" and the DRO was .06x".

I shut down M3 and restarted M3 and the Calibration was back to correct.

Help 
I hope some one can help me here!

I have had a new battle every day, some one up there hates me!

Today.

I got up and figured I would get a fresh start and upgrade a few thing that might be questionable.

First, I am not sure of where I got the Demo copy of M3 but it release was over a year old, so upgrade, logical, right.  I D/L the new Demo and loaded it, reentered all the configuration, and went to check the movement.  It was Christmas two red lights and two green on the controllers, not a good thing.

Took a break today, went back and stripped it down, and started over, added AC regulation to the supply side, readjusted the PS to 48VDC +/- .1  Now they are back to green.

So Please some one out there either send me a Bullet with my name on it or look into there crystal ball and tell what is wrong, I would take a guess at this point, I have done all the basics, changed my after shave, I even E-mailed my Ex just encase it was a Karma thing! All I have left is giving up drinking and cursing, but both of those go so well with the problem at this point!

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
BY chance are you setting it up in Metric and running in INCHES ??

When loaded what doe the help about say if you push the button ??

(;-) TP
The drawings are in Inches, and I have not got it completely back together after the FUBAR of yesterday.  But if it were in MM, the Dial indicator and the DRO would not have matched? Unless it was displaying 1/2mm.

But the after I loaded the G-code the DRO showed .5 and the X moved 12.75", restart M3 and it was .5 to .5 again.

I will post what I have, and the current status once I get it back up, in a few hours

Thanks

Question will M4 Demo Cut, on a Parallel system?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
M4 will cut IF you install the Darwin LPT driver and get it configed. BUT the demo of M4 is very time limited and teh Darwin driver has a demo mode as well.

I cannot tell you what the demo limitations on the Darwin driver is as I do not have a license for it.

(;-) TP