Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:58:53 AM

Author Topic: Need help - Jerky movement with large files - CPU usage maxes out  (Read 4017 times)

Re: Need help - Jerky movement with large files - CPU usage maxes out
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 01:20:27 AM »
First off, I really appreciate the input, thanks much!

I haven't yet tried the video card, but will do so in the morning, if I have one that will fit.

Sorry about not posting the controller specs.  There is so much to list to describe a machine, I just tried to keep it simple at first.

I did a quick google search for "galil buffer... problem,limitation,issue".  Didn't come across much except for this post:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=11716.0;wap2

looks like he had an issue with extremely small line segment (in the range of .0003").  I noticed that my g-code has some of those as well....

I'm seeing quite a bit of info in the galil user manual when searching for "buffer", and some of the numbers I'm seeing don't look too promising, although I'm clearly by no means an expert on this stuff.  I'll dig into the manual a little more tomorrow.  I'll also take a look at the program making the g-cade and see if I can't get these line segments a little bigger.  I must say, the parts are coming out really smooth, but the time delay from these pauses is pretty substantial.

thanks again for the input.  you guys really gave me some good direction to go in.

-Brian