Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:22:26 AM

Author Topic: Shift key "sticking" but not stuck during jog.  (Read 1879 times)

Shift key "sticking" but not stuck during jog.
« on: April 14, 2015, 04:24:06 PM »
Hey everyone. 

Having an issue with shift key unpredictability.  We use a laser cutting/ablating PCB's and the table is controlled by Mach3.  Often times I will slow the jog down to say >5% as in the attached pic.  I can then use then use the keyboard to jog around slowly and do some very minor cleanup.  Hitting the shift key + arrow allows 100% jog as we all know, allowing me to get to another position.  Simultaneously, the yellow "LED" beside the Jog Mode button will light.  Then after getting into position, just pressing an arrow key will allow to return to slow jog and allow us to again, trim with the laser.   THE PROBLEM....sometimes, say 5% of the time, the shift function does not disengage and 100% speed is still engaged even when only pressing an arrow key.  Is this a known issue with a fix for this shift key issue?  This "feature" has destroyed several parts, and shouldn't warrant having to look at the LED beside the Jog Mode button to confirm that the shift key is disengaged when it isn't being pressed.  This is not a windows sticky key function, nor is it the key sticking on the keyboard.  Two shift keys on two different keyboards and they never stick when doing regular typing as it hasn't typing this note.  Thanks for your help. 
Re: Shift key "sticking" but not stuck during jog.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 07:27:11 PM »
Yes, I've reported this problem and had it verified by several other people so I disabled using the shift key because it was so dangerous.  If I remember right it happens when you release the arrow key before you release the shift, or maybe it was the other way around. But it was absolutely repeatable, and only my E-stop that cuts power to the drives would stop the motion.  This is with a Xelifeng motion board, but the problem was shown to happen with smoothstepper and parallel ports.
Re: Shift key "sticking" but not stuck during jog.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 09:41:53 AM »
Thank you garyhlucas,

This issue has been reported then, cool.  What has Airsoft done about it?  Not really sure how things are reported but I can resubmit this issue to them, contact tech support, whatnot. 

Thanks for your reply.