Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:15:36 AM

Author Topic: line number limitations?  (Read 4078 times)

line number limitations?
« on: March 05, 2006, 02:21:24 AM »
When using Visual mill 5.0 and posting using teh Mach2 post setting line numbers to increment by 1 or 5 or 10, when the prog. is loaded into MAch2, in the program window the N line numbers will not go past 999. in the txt file of the prog the line numbers are sequnecial 1 thru 3892. I can  enter the line, say, 2334 into the "run from here" dro and it will jump to it, I can tell, the scroll bar scrolls down far but the window does not go beyond 999. is this a bug in Mach2 or do I have something not set in Mach to accept and display line numbers beyond 999?

thanks.

also, should I not be able to pause a program then enter single BLK mode and step through from there? My program always jumps back to the first line?

jh

ynneb

Re: line number limitations?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 04:26:04 AM »
The demo version of Mach will only allow you to cut to 1000 lines.
If you purchase a licence you can have as many lines of code as you need.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 04:29:51 AM by ynneb »
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 12:57:49 PM »
I just figured that out. It's just that it was bundled with the Tormach CNC I just purchased, (great mill by the way, customer service has been prompt too). It came with a license number, a .dat file in the PCNC directory but it doesn't seam to take it? The directory structure is the same Tormach just renamed the main folder that would normally be MACH2. Under the help about menu it still comes up as a demo version?

I also noticed that the keygrabber.exe doesn't find the MACH2.exe when I want to modify the screen even if I rename the main directory, I'd like to have the toggled buttons be a differnt color, the slight shadow change around them is too vauge.

The guys at Tormach sent me the license .dat file again but it doesn't get into the program and register it?

any clues?

jh
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 01:00:57 PM by CNC NEWBEE »

ynneb

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 03:56:04 PM »
The .dat file should be in the same folder as the mach3.exe
When this is so, open Mach up and check to see if your name appears is the "About section.
Help/About.Mach1 Engine.
What name do you see ?

ynneb

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 04:48:37 PM »
Here are some pictures that should explain.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 05:36:22 PM »
The issue has been traced to trying to operate Mach2 in windows 64bit edition. The Mach2 app seams to run fine, it just won't let the license .dat be recognized. In XP pro everything is now OK.

thanks,  jh