Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:03:27 AM

Author Topic: LazyCam Pro Turn profiles..  (Read 16221 times)

Re: LazyCam Pro Turn profiles..
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 02:44:44 PM »
Hi Guys, are you intending to do a Diameter Mode for Mach 3 Turn in Lazycam ?
Thanks, Glen.
I had a few parts left over - still it's always the same when you try a bit of "do it yourself"
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 03:31:21 PM »
Hi Glen
Have they done anything in the turn section I don't think Art or Brian have got to this yet that i am aware of if they have please let me know as i have been waiting for them to get to the lathe.

Dennis
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 01:21:54 PM »
Hi Dennis,
LazyCam Pro ( licensed version )  has the Turning functions with roughing cuts. The only problem is that you have to use Mach 3 Turn in Radius Mode or all the arcs create an error in the G Code. You have to convert all dimensions on a drawing to Radius which creates an opportunity for errors when cross referencing with a DRO. Some of my G Codes are compiled from DXFs and Wizards ( threading, etc) , all of which were done in Diameter Mode using BobCad for the DXF part.
I still think it's worth getting the license for LazyCam Pro as the price is much better than most other programs and they've hinted that it could go up as more features are added, plus it's the easiest one to use.
Regards, Glen.
I had a few parts left over - still it's always the same when you try a bit of "do it yourself"
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 04:04:16 PM »
Hi Glen
Thanks for the reply I do have LIC for both LC and Mach 3, Mach 3 is currently running my lathe and I do process my drawing's through Bob cad I have been waiting for the guy's to fix LC to import DXF files and then run through Mach 3 to my lathe so I can eliminate a few of the steps to get the job done.

Dennis