Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:44:43 PM

Author Topic: Jog Z Slow while X & Z Fast  (Read 2473 times)

Jog Z Slow while X & Z Fast
« on: March 27, 2015, 10:49:09 AM »
Hi All,  new to cnc mach 3   is there any way to jog the z axis .002 or .003 without using the jog speed down to 10%.  I want the other axis to move faster.   now each touch on the keypad moves the z .017 which is too much for some milling parts I have to do.   Also, I seem to be getting some noise between the components.  can the gecko 540 box run everything okay if sitting beside the PC or is there some separation needed?  I relocated the inverter and am now using a shielded cable to the spindle which helped some but there is an occasional jump from the mach 3 when milling parts.  This happens once or twice a week and has ruined several parts.   I also have a wireless mouse beside the g540 which I was told would be ok.
  Thanks,  adjaguar
Re: Jog Z Slow while X & Z Fast
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 02:40:14 PM »
You could temporarily switch to Incremental (STEP) jogging for the Z and jog .001" per click, then switch back to Continuous Jog and resume at the % you have set for the other axis'.
Noise can be hard to track down. I do not use anything wireless.
Maybe someone else will come along to help with the noise issue.
Regards,
Russ
 :)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 03:20:16 PM »
Hi adjaguart,
I meant to ask (and maybe should have before splitting this post) if you are referring to doing this with the THC UP/DN function ? ? ? or just regular milling.
It wasn't clear, and I wasn't sure if that was the case.
If so, sorry .... we can undo the split.

Regards,
Russ
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 12:44:44 AM »
Russ  I read in an earlier post about the THC function and tried to use it but when milling, nothing happened to the z axis - it stayed where it was programmed to.