Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:37:12 AM

Author Topic: Randomly Stalling  (Read 3853 times)

Randomly Stalling
« on: March 27, 2015, 09:24:49 AM »
 My router has been making me and my daughters parts very well and about three days ago it started randomly stalling in all three axis at any speed i have it capped at 300ipm for rapids. At 1st I thought it was a wiring issue so I went through all the wiring ( a nice thing about building it was I knew each wire and where it goes) I checked them with a voltage meter and twisted them back and forth and found all wires in good condition. I then took a shot in the dark and re installed Mach4 from 2238 to 2270 which seemed to help I was able to rapid around with no issues but the next day it started to do it again stalling randomly loosing steppes making the rrrrrr sound but I did notice that it never stalls when i hit the home button even though i get the stalling in any direction at any speed fast or slow when jogging or running a test program so i matched the homing speed witch is 61 ipm jogged around and it still dose it but never when I hit the Home button I did this ten times in a row jogging full travel then homing it it would randomly stall in xyz going to my limits and back it would do it but never stall when i hit the Homing button--- :-\ any hints would be great

-Mach4Hobby Installer-2270
-Darwin Plugin
-Gecko G540
-AMD Athlonx2 240 processor 2.80 ghz
-32-bit op system
-Windows 7 professional

Thanks for your time
Re: Randomly Stalling
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 08:15:59 PM »
So I'm driving myself mad >:(  I just got done running separate grounds to each of my steppers thinking it could be static electricity same results I just don't get it it will rapid around in all directions and randomly go rrrrrr and lose steps in all axis and in each direction at all speeds but never when I hit the home button  :-\   nowI'im going rrrrrrrrrrrrrr too lol
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 09:06:24 PM »
Which version of Darwin do you have installed?  Does it show the correct version (1.21 over 1.23)?  What did you set the pulse rate to?  How does the pulse stat display look?

Just some easy things to check.

Peter
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 09:31:15 PM »
I have 1.21 over 1.23 And the pulse rate set at 27,000
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 09:39:09 PM »
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 09:41:33 PM »
Nice and clean.  What else are you running on the computer?

I'm running out of ideas.  I hope someone else will have something.

Peter
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 09:46:50 PM »
I guess the thing that get's me is when homing there isn't any issue rrrrrrrrr :)
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 10:19:40 PM »
Darwin 2178?

As I understand things, homing happens within Darwin.  You set up the homing parameters in the plugin and it performs the function whereas jogging calls for Mach4 to issue a series of steps to the plugin.  Bit different.

Perhaps an upgrade of M4 to the latest (2313)?  I'd think it worth a try.

Peter

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 10:39:02 PM »
Does your PC meet the minimum requirements? In particular, the graphics card.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 11:23:21 PM »
I just powered down my router pc but its been running my router for a few months strait with no big problems until now tomorrow ill check the graphics card. and install Mach4 --2313 

-AMD Athlonx2 240 processor 2.80 ghz
-32-bit op system
-Windows 7 professional