Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:09:27 AM

Author Topic: Homing: X and Z work, Y doesn't move  (Read 4668 times)

Homing: X and Z work, Y doesn't move
« on: March 25, 2015, 12:38:34 PM »
Using Mach4 2270 and ESS.

The issue is the automatic homing. I can't get the Y axis to move and home. So when I select Ref all Home button, the Z axis moves to the home switch, the X axis moves to the home switch, and the Y axis never moves. If I manually press the Y-axis home switch, the homing operation completes successfully even though the Y-axis never moved.

The settings for X, Y, and Z are identical in Mach4 configuration. My work around is to change the Y-axis to Home in Place and that way the homing routine completes correctly provided I have manually moved the machine to the home switch location prior to starting the routine.

Any ideas why the Y-axis fails to move?

All other moving of the Y-axis via manual movements or Gcode control work fine, the homing operation is the only one that doesn't work.
Re: Homing: X and Z work, Y doesn't move
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 10:43:29 AM »
Hi, that is very strange.  We have had random issues such as this that was resolved by installing the latest .NET framework from Microsoft, and then reinstalling the program.  Also, Build 2326 is out, might redownload Mach4 and try reinstalling.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 12:32:09 AM »
New version of Mach have not fixed this issue. Only work around so far is to Home Y axis in place or to manually trip the home switch.

Would appreciate any other advice or suggestions to troubleshoot.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 03:36:56 AM »
Have you checked with Warp9 to see if they have a later plugin? Did you set your reference to and from speeds in the ESS config? Do your home switch leds show the right status on the diagnostics page and do they change if you manually toggle the switches? Are there any limit switches showing active?
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 01:28:30 PM »
This issue might be similar, if not Ill start a new thread.

I have a router with no home switches,  I manually jog the machine to a home position.  Hit the refference all home.  I jog off to to test and hit go to zero the X and Y return Z does not move.

I am using M4 and Darwin

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 03:21:55 PM »
Z not in go to zero just open it in screen editor and add z
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 09:06:26 PM »
daniellyall

This is the second time you have helped me.................. THANKS

I didnt think screen editing would be in my learning curve this early!!

BAR

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 09:15:54 PM »
theres a lot to learn
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 10:01:08 PM »
Ok here's a puzzler for you.

I have all three axis jogging in the correct direction..  From the home position i have established.   When I enable soft limits on the program screen , X and Y behave correctly. and stop at the designated place.  Z is not behaving.   The job buttons reverse with the switch on, I jog negative(down) and the motor goes up...... Turn the switch off and normalcy returns...

hmmmmmm

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 11:21:42 PM »
put that in bug reports i have not had that or heard of that