Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:49:59 AM

Author Topic: DSPMC and Mach Standard Mill  (Read 20815 times)

DSPMC and Mach Standard Mill
« on: March 21, 2015, 01:47:48 PM »
Has anyone tried using the DSPMC with Mach Standard Mill screen set from Calypso Ventures? 
If anyone has tried the screen set have you had any problems with the probing routines?
Re: DSPMC and Mach Standard Mill
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 11:31:36 PM »
I have a dspmc controller on my big Lagun knee mill, and used the MSM screen for a couple of years. Never set-up the probing but have read lots about it on the MSM forum. It has undergone quite a few upgrades, and is now very robust, and also accepts a probe and a touch plate in the same setup. Dave Bagby is very dedicated to answering any questions by MSM users, and making sure the problems are solved. Probing requires a lot of patience to get through the learning curve. MSM has many videos explaining the probing functions.
Your MSM questions should be directed to the Calypso website.

John
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 12:30:28 AM »
I have a dspmc controller on my big Lagun knee mill, and used the MSM screen for a couple of years. Never set-up the probing but have read lots about it on the MSM forum. It has undergone quite a few upgrades, and is now very robust, and also accepts a probe and a touch plate in the same setup. Dave Bagby is very dedicated to answering any questions by MSM users, and making sure the problems are solved. Probing requires a lot of patience to get through the learning curve. MSM has many videos explaining the probing functions.
Your MSM questions should be directed to the Calypso website.

John

John,

Thanks for the reply.  I have communicated with Dave abd he has been a big help.  Problem is that he has not tried MSM with a DSPMC (or Hicon).  There are a few controllers that are not compatible with his probing due to not implementing the Mach3 standard parallel port.  For example two controllers that are not compatible; Ajax, CSMIO/IP-6.
I was hoping to find someone that has had success with the probing routines on DSPMC.  I really like the MSM screen set. 
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 09:42:28 PM »
Hi PeterC:

I know in the dspmc controller, there are settings for probing. I just might take the time, and get it working. I know this is no help at this moment, but I really should finish the setup. I have the probe kit by Wildhorse, but have not put it together yet.

John
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 10:54:35 PM »
The probe settings on the DSPMC plugin configuration are for Dual Cycle probing only .  They don't have any effect in Single Cycle probing.