Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 09:44:22 AM

Author Topic: Display html page using LUA  (Read 3477 times)

Display html page using LUA
« on: March 20, 2015, 11:51:54 AM »
I am having a beach of a time trying to find this in any of the lua documentation online, perhaps someone on here knows the solution to my problem.

In Mach3 I could easily call an HTML page within the vb button script editor and have it display properly when the button was clicked. In Mach4, I would like to use the same HTML page. Is there a way to call that page up in a new window without having to rewrite the page in lua? I know I'm looking for the easy way out here, but why do I need to re-invent the wheel/fix what's not broken? (if possible)
Re: Display html page using LUA
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 01:12:13 PM »
I use this in a button script to open a calculator .exe program from a button on my screenset maybe you could use something like it for what you want to do. it flash a windows program on the screen for a second and from what I read there is know to eliminate it.

strProgram = '"hexelon.exe"'
strCmd = 'start "" '..strProgram
os.execute(strCmd)
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 02:53:46 PM »
I use this in a button script to open a calculator .exe program from a button on my screenset maybe you could use something like it for what you want to do. it flash a windows program on the screen for a second and from what I read there is know to eliminate it.

strProgram = '"hexelon.exe"'
strCmd = 'start "" '..strProgram
os.execute(strCmd)

This is used more to open up a separate program. You are using command prompt to execute the file. I'm looking to see if there is a way to display the html within lua. Within the VB editor it was

HtmlDialog( "Location of html file" )

and it would open its own window to display the file within Mach3.

just wondering if there was something like that...

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 08:29:44 PM »
I think you need Lua sockets, that we do not have, to process HTML same with SMTP.

Just a thought, (;-)TP

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 09:26:47 PM »
what about all the wx.wxhtml stuff theres a dozen or so things in the drop down menu. I'm not a programmer so I don't know if any of that would help. just trying to give ideas.

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 03:50:33 AM »
what about all the wx.wxhtml stuff theres a dozen or so things in the drop down menu. I'm not a programmer so I don't know if any of that would help. just trying to give ideas.

As time permits, I have been perusing Lua and wx.Lua documentation . The long list of MACH4 functions is one of many groups of functions and I *think* that we have access to all of them. I recall there being specific functions for manipulating HTML, but I will need to go back and investigate. I take a peek will post back if I find it.

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 07:05:01 AM »
Attached program runs in MACH4 so the Lua calls are there. Should get you started.

Note remove .txt from then  of file name. Added to get forum to take the file
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 02:45:29 PM »
Thanks simpson36, that definitely points in the right direction! Exactly what I was looking for!