Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:13:52 AM

Poll

Would you consider purchasing a DVD that contained all the Mach videos, as well as video footage from the 2007 Galesburg convention. The cost would be $20 plus 5$ postage and packaging.

No I wouldn't purchase this DVD.
43 (72.9%)
No I wouldn't purchase this DVD.
16 (27.1%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Expression of interest. ( Poll) (Your vote is important)  (Read 7109 times)

ynneb

Expression of interest. ( Poll) (Your vote is important)
« on: April 16, 2007, 10:36:41 PM »
Would you consider purchasing a DVD that contained all the Mach videos, as well as video footage from the 2007 Galesburg convention. The cost would be $20 plus 5$ postage and packaging.

I am strongly considering  to arrange for many parts of the Galesburg conference to be video recorded.
Would you consider purchasing this DVD ?

I would only consider this to be viable if we get more than 50 votes.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 11:43:41 PM by ynneb »
Re: Expression of interest. ( Poll) (Your vote is important)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 08:25:21 PM »
Don't much need the Mach Videos as I can d/l them, but I would love to have the 2007 conference video!

ynneb

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 08:38:14 PM »
One correction is I was thinkiing Australian dollars when I posted this. I guess that translates into 80% of that figure. Roughly $16 US for the DVD and $4 US for postage.

Hood

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 02:21:22 AM »
Same for me, getting the video of Galesburg would be good.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 12:21:32 AM »
I think maybe breaking the Galesburg Convention into a series of individual subject videos and uploading them to a file hosting site where users can pick and choose the videos of their interest to download. It might be simpler than posting DVDs and transfering money all around the world.

Cheers
Splint

ynneb

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 01:08:05 AM »
The problem is Splint, that someone has to host the videos, someone has to film the videos, etc. I have given a lot of money already to make sure these videos happen. I would be happy to get at least half that money back.
Last year I tried to get some videos captured from the event, and we got nothing. If it takes some bucks to do it, and it costs the viewer a small amount then so be it.

Since this survey I guessed how much it would cost vs how much it would return. I expect to retrieve half the costs but at least get the videos for us who would like to see them.

I am expecting to fit 8 hours of footage on the dvd. Thats pretty good value if you ask me.

EDIT the amount I estimated is actually too little for postage, but I will try and wear that.
Paypal is great for transferring money all around the world.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 01:10:17 AM by ynneb »
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 11:01:38 AM »
Like others I too can D/l the Mach vid's, however I would pay $20 or so for a DVD of Galesburg..

Jerry
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 08:27:53 PM »
yup if you do it ill take one
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 07:44:29 PM »
MAYBE ! ? But first, how about a brief of what can be expected from the Galesburg thing ! Personnally I don't have a clue but might be more interested if there was a good sales pitch and some sort of agenda detail that might at least in part grab my interest. If it grabs me then i'd buy one especially if this is a standard convention with lots of nekid type woman of youth dacin about ! I guess is what i'm sayin is if it has presentations that are of interest then it should be said, so far all I know is "Galesburg" !
CRUISER
  Don
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 08:40:37 PM »
We talk about anything they ask for ... Could be how steppers work or how servo's work. We could talk about how to install mach3 or how to wire the machine.

All up to the people that are there :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com