Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:14:42 PM

Author Topic: Direction of axis keeps changing after powerup  (Read 2123 times)

Direction of axis keeps changing after powerup
« on: March 16, 2015, 03:19:05 AM »
Hello all.
I've been reading this forum for quite a while now, so that I got to know what to expect from MACH3 and have gotten a really good base of understanding the in's and out's of MACH3. So we decided to build our own 3 axis mill with MACH3 control of course.
So far we are really satisfied with the performance of MACH3 and have done several machining's so far.

So for the question...
It happens quite often that after power up the direction of one of the axis changes. Let's say that yesterday all of the direction low active were unticked in the ports and pins configurations. And now today the Y axis is reversed so I have to tick the direction low active , so that the direction is like it should be.

What could cause this? Has anyone have a similar problem?

Best regards.
Aleix

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Direction of axis keeps changing after powerup
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 10:44:12 AM »
If it is not a wiring issue then please attach your xml and I will take a look and see if I can figure out the issue.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 02:49:07 AM »
Hello.
Sorry for my late reply, have been away and couldn't access the PC of the CNC machine.
I'm back now and here is the XML file.  Hope it helps and that we can pin point the problem.

Best regards.
Aleix

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 09:17:36 AM »
I do not see anything wrong in your xml, I think it is most likely a hardware issue.
You could measure the voltage from the Dir pins and see which way corresponds to the 5v and which way the 0V. Next time it happens check the voltage and see if it is still as before or has swapped. If it is the same then it is definitely a hardware issue, if it is different then it must be something in Mach but I can not think what.
You could try making a new profile up from scratch just to eliminate that as the problem.
Hood