Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:36:12 AM

Author Topic: ShuttlePro problems?  (Read 4393 times)

Offline MarkC

•  94 94
    • View Profile
ShuttlePro problems?
« on: April 12, 2007, 08:44:13 PM »
Hi,
I'm having problems accessing the tooltable and some of the config screens in Mach3 (V2.04) I reformatted the computer, and still the same; click on the tooltable button and it DOES come up but takes about two minutes to do so. I then started setting up a new config file to narrow it down because it works on my lathe computer, which was the previous mill computer. Everything works as it should until I install the shuttlepro plugin and configure it. I'm using the shuttlepro express. The computer it doesn't work on has XP SP2 and is 1.3 Ghz. It works on an XP SP1 800 Mhz computer.
I'm at my wits end here, I even tried the latest Mach version and still the same result, wait awhile and the tooltable  or other windows come up.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Mark  ???
Mark

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: ShuttlePro problems?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 10:39:15 PM »
Hey Mark,
     How much ram do you have? On board graphics? Do you have more than on version of Mach 3 on your PC? I have seen PCs with more than on Mach 3 driver installed and they did some weird things.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline MarkC

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 11:04:25 PM »
Well it's only got 128 m RAM. Only one instance of Mach. I do suspect it does have onboard graphics. It is a Dell Optiplex  GX1(1.3ghz). The other one(that works) is a Dell Optiplex GX100(800 mhz).
Mark

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 11:06:35 PM »
Does the other one have more RAM? That is really low. 1 gig of RAM is recomended but I have ran on 256.

Brett

Hood

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 02:25:52 AM »
128 Meg is low for running XP itself, might not be your problem but wont be helping. A few other things to try is go to start and run then type in msconfig. On the startup tab disable any things in there that you dont really need and see if it helps. If it does then you can enable one at a time to find the culprit, but the low ram is probably best to look at first, can you borrow some from the lathe comp just for testing?
Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 06:07:26 AM »
Also, I forgot to ask. does it have a wireless network connection? Have seen those cause problems as well.

Brett

Offline MarkC

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 08:05:07 AM »
No wireless network. Nothing on the computer except Mach. I'll check out the other computer and try a few things when I get home from work tonight.

Thanks
Mark
Mark

Offline MarkC

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 07:32:58 PM »
OK, heres what I've found and done. Other computer also has 128 mb of ram. Nothing in Startup tab in msconfig at all. Installed a video card I had lying around with drivers. Still the same. So thinking that it is still a video card problem, I dropped the hardware acceleration 2 notches. Tooltable comes up in 30 or so seconds. So I dropped it 2 more and  voila! comes right up. Granted this is a workaround, but I can use it and figure out what to do next, probably some more RAM, funny the video card in the newer computer has 8mb memory, while the other one has 4mb.
I don't think the acceleration setting will affect Mach, but maybe someone who knows more than I can chime in here.
Anyhow, thank you for your help, much appreciated

Mark
Mark

Hood

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 07:35:28 PM »
Should only affect your refresh of screens etc having the low vid card memory, shouldnt affect the actual running of Mach.
Hood

Offline MarkC

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 07:38:53 PM »
Cool!
Thank you  :)
Mark