Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:10:26 AM

Author Topic: Control Panel Buttons and Mach 2010 Screenset  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
Control Panel Buttons and Mach 2010 Screenset
« on: March 07, 2015, 12:08:47 PM »
I'm wanting utilize physical buttons through a control panel and as an example "Rewind" is simply Ctrl+W for the original screenset that comes with Mach3. No problems there.

However, if I switch to Mach 2010 screenset it doesn't work. I opened 2010 in Screen4 editor and see that the function is now activated by a simple word "Rewind" which I believe is a replacement for the original hotkey. The manual states that some function calls "could be" phased out in later version of Mach so no guarantee of older ones working in the future.

How do I get this "Rewind" to work? Granted I could go through and change that button to "Ctrl+W" but seems like there might be some unnecessary work involved unless it I could get it resolved. This in not the only button that uses newer calls.

I suspect there isn't going to me anymore releases for Mach3 anyway since Mach4 is out.

Could I use a macro?

I assigned the "Ref All" physical button to m884.m1s and that works but ONLY if I have the MDI line activated. So I have to click in the MDI area then press the button on the control panel.

Maybe I'm close but there may be a barrier that prevents me from getting closer.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using the latest verison of Mach3 and an Ideazon Fang Gamepad. (About half of the buttons have been setup to my preference. Just stuck at the moment.)
I intend to build another control panel using the board from the Fang if I can get this going.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Control Panel Buttons and Mach 2010 Screenset
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 12:16:49 PM »
Can you assign any keyboard commands with that device?

When you go into Screen4, and right click the button, there's a checkbox that says "Use Hotkey". If it has a large number like 65535, then no hotkey is assigned, even if it's checked. Uncheck the box, and then check it again. You can then enter the hotkey that you want.

The 2010 Screenset only uses the default keys for reset, cycle start, feedhold, and I think Stop. Any others hotkeys are different. The ones I used are listed in the 2010 manual. Be careful that you don't assign the same keys to multiple buttons.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
Re: Control Panel Buttons and Mach 2010 Screenset
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 12:28:50 PM »
Thanks for the quick response Gerry!

Yes, I can easily assign keyboard commands through Ideazon's  Fang interface software.
I will look at the 2010 Manual for more insight to its specifics for that screenset.