Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:52:36 AM

Author Topic: Erratic movement after an E stop  (Read 1812 times)

Erratic movement after an E stop
« on: March 04, 2015, 11:49:20 AM »
Hello,
For safety concerns I recently added a interlock to the curtian on the front my 54" X 54" router. There are new operators running the machine now, so safety first. This machine has been running beautifully for a couple of years. What is happening after every time the curtain is opened. The E stop must be manually reset (i have a button to do this) and then click the reset on the Mach3 screen. When that procedure is followed the router is good to start the next part cycle. When the sequence is NOT followed (ie; click the screen reset first) the machine moves all axis at maximiun speed towards and through the park position. This is not that bad in cycle because the axis are only moving an inch or 2. If during the program the machine has to be stopped it moves with such force that the machine crashes into some permanent clamps if the spindle doesn't retract in time. My question: Is there a setting in Mach3 to allow me to control the axis not moving at all until I click a button?
Re: Erratic movement after an E stop
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 12:12:18 PM »
If the E-stop input is configured in mach 3 and wired in series with a normally closed E-stop switch (contacts open when pushed) and the normally closed curtain gate switch, mach "reset" shouldn't clear until the external E-stop switch & curtain switch is closed. Sounds like there is something wired wrong or Mach 3's e-stop isn't configured correctly.

E-stop and safety switch must be wired in series never parallel.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:16:02 PM by geh7552 »
Re: Erratic movement after an E stop
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 02:43:10 PM »
Thanks,
I did some digging and found that in config>Initial State configuration>Use Init on
ALL "Resets" box was unchecked. I left the G80 code and checked the box it seems to be back to normal.