Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:50:21 AM

Author Topic: Spindle, spindle, please turn again...  (Read 1677 times)

Spindle, spindle, please turn again...
« on: March 01, 2015, 08:22:45 PM »
I have a heavy-duty cnc (+ Mach3) machine with no paperwork. I got all the axes moving and calibrated. The spindle would spin when I connected power to the control box. While I realize Mach3 can control spindles, I was okay to just turn it on separately, thinking that was easier.

Yesterday I had the machine mill a fancy, but engraving in wood to test my ability to operate Mach. This evening I was going to surface the table.......BUT........

Now the spindle isn't spinning when I connect power to it!! The H200 and the little STOP light are flashing on the VFD (shown in here in a photo). It seems if I knew:

a.) how to tell the VFD to resume spinning, or
b.) if I could tell the Mach3 to quit interfering with the VFD resuming spinning (IF THAT'S WHY THE VFD is not spinning today)...

then I'd be home free!!! I push the RUN button on the VFD and that doesn't do it.

Does anyone have any idea how to get my VFD spinning again??!??
Re: Spindle, spindle, please turn again...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 09:35:39 PM »
Not sure of what you are asking, but the VFD has to be programmed to work with the VFD's front panel controls or externally from Mach 3. The flashing red light on the drive usually indicates a stop command or E-stop is activated and that's why the drive won't run.

You can Google the VFD and get the users manual with the setup parameters.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 09:37:21 PM by geh7552 »