Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 09:36:51 PM

Author Topic: Reinstall and modbus settings not sticking  (Read 1539 times)

Reinstall and modbus settings not sticking
« on: February 28, 2015, 10:05:06 PM »
I had a hard drive crash the other day and had to rebuild the pc, I still had the mach3 folder archived from last year so I did not loose and setting file. Everything went back together smoothly almost....

My problem is the Homann Designs MP-01 units. It uses modbus to talk to mach3. As soon as I boot and hit reset it says I need to configure the pendant which it has been already. I then go to the Serial Modbus dialog and everything is reset, Port is 0, Speed is 0, Parity is reset to 8-O-1, and timeout is blank. If I set these to where they are supposed to be 1, 115200, 8N1, 100ms, and click run and apply I start seeing the leds flash on the MPG's breakout like it is supposed to. I hit the reset button again and still get the "pendant needs to be configured", so I go to the plugin config, delete the pendant (says there are two instances), and create a new one. Now the pendant works.

If I quit mach I have to do this all over again, everything gets reset. Other settings like parallel port addresses stick.

Running Win 7 Pro 32bit with the latest Mach .066, same as before the crash.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:09:38 PM by macona »