Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:50:17 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Freezes in middle on program. How to diagnose?  (Read 3624 times)

Mach 3 Freezes in middle on program. How to diagnose?
« on: February 26, 2015, 12:26:22 PM »
Hi All,

I am having some issues where my program/mach3 is freezing sometimes in the middle of a program. Mach 3 becomes unresponsive and I have to close Mach 3 and Reopen the software. I write down the coordinates and the line number before quitting and then I input the coordinates and start the machine at the line it stopped and move on, but it's worrisome that this is happening. Any ideas?

I'm running the latest version of Mach 3 and it's on a clean computer. I'm also running Mach 3 on WIn7 with Windows XP compatibility mode.

Thanks,
SBdesigns
Re: Mach 3 Freezes in middle on program. How to diagnose?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 04:35:19 PM »
Are you running the free demo of Mach, if you are it will only do 500 lines then stop.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 05:00:41 PM »
Nope. We've got the full paid version.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 02:32:38 AM »
Ok. I had a problem a couple of years ago with the machine stopping and the forum sorted it out for me, it was a faulty strip light flashing giving electrical noise confusing the machine. He firstly suggested increasing the de-bounce figure in the config, general config (top right hand corner) to about 200 and un-ticked the watchdog option just below.
However in the end I replace the strip light above the machine and solved the problem.
Hope this helps
Jim