Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:23:56 AM

Author Topic: New Install and motors will not react.  (Read 2102 times)

Offline AUB

•  2 2
    • View Profile
New Install and motors will not react.
« on: February 23, 2015, 08:14:53 PM »
I recently had to change computers and install a newer version of Mach3. I have an existing plasma table that was working with the older version. I also upgraded from a CandCNC MP1000 to a MP3000. The screens look good, each axis on the screen shows that they are incrementing or decrementing due to jog commands or G code. I do not however get any motion out of the motors. The motors are under power and are "holding". I've been through both the Mach manual and the CandCNC manual and cannot find an issue.  Any starting points for identifying my problem(s)?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New Install and motors will not react.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 03:11:28 AM »
Do you have the correct port number set?
Hood

Offline AUB

•  2 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 09:19:21 AM »
Yes i have it set to 0378. MP3000 is getting a signal due to the cp light coming on the front of the MP3000 unit.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 09:35:57 AM »
You could test direct at the parallel port with a volt meter or better still a scope, to see if Mach is outputting the pulses.

If you only have a voltmeter then you will only see a slight variation in the voltage as you jog, it will depend whether you have active high or low set for the Step pins as to what you will see, it will either be Zero increasing slightly, possibly only mV's or it will be 5v decreasing slightly.
The testing of the Step pins when jogging will be clearer to see, it will go from 0 to 5v and vice versa as you jog back and forth.

Hood