Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:38:26 AM

Author Topic: Beginner with trouble getting the machine to move.  (Read 6034 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner with trouble getting the machine to move.
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 08:49:12 AM »
Drivertest is only for the parallel port, as you are using an external controller it is no use and doesnt matter anyway.

If the UC100 seems to be working fine then it looks like your problem is further out, maybe as I said a breakout board that requires powering or the drivers not connected properly.

The time indicator is likely just showing the communication rate between UC100 and Mach, so is likely a good sign as it means they are talking.

Hood

Offline DeaZ

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 03:39:03 AM »
Hi!
Thanks for trying but I believe it's something else due to the fact that is has been working fine before I went to try use it.
Going to give up now and let a professional look at it.
Thanks for your time.
DeaZ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 03:58:33 AM »
Your problem will be that a "professional" will be hard to find due to the fact that it is a user configured machine. The "professional" would either have to have intimate knowledge of the hardware used, which is unlikely, or he will have to do some research as to what compomnents are used and then study up on these components and how they work together.
 You could, yourself do that, if you can investigate inside the control box and find out what components are used then you can likely find manuals for them and almost certainly you will be able to work outhow things connect together and why things are not working.
 What you have said seems to suggest that Mach and the UC100 are communicating so it, to me, seems there is a problem with the hardware after the UC100 and that may be something as simple as a loose connection or a blown fuse.
 If you take a pic of what is inside the control box then maybe someone will be able to recognise the hardware used.
Hood