Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:58:35 PM

Author Topic: Tool Data table randomly changes between lathe and mill tools  (Read 1903 times)

Tool Data table randomly changes between lathe and mill tools
« on: February 23, 2015, 12:39:59 AM »
Warning. I have a reputation for eliciting computer output that defies any logical result of the input.  I have a vexing problem right now with my current project.

I am running a small lathe and am using  the Mach3 1024.lset screen.  I have version R3.043.066  Mach3. When I launch a profile from the Loader I randomly have either lathe tools or milling tools showing in the Tool Table Editor. Both tables show lathe tool inserts in the Tool column. I have tried several profiles from third party bob vendors and the problem seems to occur with all combinations of profiles and lathe screen sets I have tried.

Would appreciate any ideas on where to look for a solution.

Thanks,

Aruminat

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Tool Data table randomly changes between lathe and mill tools
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 03:01:32 AM »
The screenset is what determines whether Mach sees it as a Lathe or a Mill so could it be possible you have loaded a profile with a .set rather than a .lset screenset?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 03:59:52 PM »
Thanks Hood,
That is what I had done.  I forgot to select the set file extension when I opened the view load screen option. My Lindsay clan ancestors will probably admonish me for being so hasty.

Thanks again,

Aruminat

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 04:17:34 PM »
Just in case you don't know, if you wish to use a mill screenset for the lathe you can. All you need to do is copy the screenset to a different location then change the fiile extension to .lset, you can then past it back into the Mach folder and load it from View. Because the file extension is now .lset Mach will treat it as a Lathe setup.

Hood