Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:08:24 AM

Author Topic: Is there a Hitachi X200 plugin?  (Read 3090 times)

Is there a Hitachi X200 plugin?
« on: February 22, 2015, 03:19:52 AM »
It's a common VFD, but I can't find one.  I made a "Brain" but it's not all that reliable, if the VFD's not running it can't tell.

I saw the Huangyang VFD has a plugin available, but all I could find was the compiled version.  Is there source code around to modify into an X200 plugin?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a Hitachi X200 plugin?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 01:11:57 PM »
DID you try to contact the authors of the VFD plugins ? There are several. They may be willing to help out if you ask.

You may want to look HERE and talk with Greg on the matter HE used a brain and MODBUS. MIght get you going for now until you can get a plugin running.
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=16316.30

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 01:19:51 PM by BR549 »
Re: Is there a Hitachi X200 plugin?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 06:01:14 PM »
I did make a Brain for it, and can turn it on and off.  However, it's got no feedback and won't shut off if the VFD has an error like overcurrent.  It can't even tell if the VFD's breaker's off.  So, it's not very safe.

I could add a test to the VFD's RPM register and stop if they disagree but I don't think it'll work, because once I issue a M03 command to start the spindle, the RPM will be 0 or very low initially and you don't issue Stop for that.  I don't know if I can write a time delay with a Brain.

It would be more elegant and robust to have a plug-in, the Huangyang one looks good.  And Huangyang is a very similar communication protocol. 

I also would really like the Spindle RPM field to work in Mach3.  I don't think it can, it appears to be hardwired to the tach input and trying to write it with a Brain had no effect at all.