Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:38:35 PM

Author Topic: Runaway axes  (Read 6849 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Runaway axes
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 04:12:43 AM »
Hopefully they will be able to find the problem, especially as they should now know where to look.

Hood
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 02:52:44 PM »
Well, I haven't heard from CNCdrive again. Meanwhile I have run into the same problem twice with the backlash disabled.
Disabling the backlash makes things better, but apparently it is not the full cure. One thing I want to mention is that I never experienced the axes runaway while the code is running. In other words, the runaway only happens while jogging one of the axis using the keyboard or XBox controller.
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 08:08:39 PM »
Try using V0.62... 0.66 has problems.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 06:28:12 PM »
Not so good, still think it is an issue with the controller though, otherwise I would think Mach would be showing the motion.

Hood
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 10:20:36 AM »
Try using V0.62... 0.66 has problems.
What are the type of problems you talk about? And where do you get a pervious version of Mach3?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 10:33:45 AM »
Not so good, still think it is an issue with the controller though, otherwise I would think Mach would be showing the motion.
I still tend to agree with you Hood, and 'm still hoping the CNCdrive team will come up with a fix for this, but despite my emails with data for them to consider, I haven't heard back from them.
It seems like this might take sometime to fix, however I wish they'd communicate a bit more. I'd like to know whether to wait for them, or give up on a pretty good product and go buy something else. At this point I'm unable to tell wether they are still working on it, or they have decided it's not their unit's fault, and abandoned the quest for a fix.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 11:59:50 AM »
There was, if I recall, a similar issue with some external controllers.
 I found that the CS-Lab controllers would runaway when doing a certain combination of jogging, maybe Shift Jog. I think possibly also the SmoothStepper suffered.
 I know I reported the issue to CS-Lab and they sorted it within a day or so, think the SmoothStepper also got sorted.
 I don't think it was exactly the same issue as you have as it was definitely a combination of keys when jogging that caused the issue. I very rarely use a keyboard to jog, just use the MPG, so only found it when I was testing after someone else reported the issue.

Regarding 066, there were issues with homing when using non standard methods, also some people had issues with tool changes, so it seemed it was macro issues.
In turn there are also issues with the wear offsets and a few other things.
I do not recall any jogging issues though.

You will find older versions on the ftp site, link below.
ftp://machsupport.com/Mach/

Hood
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 04:19:07 PM »
Thanks for the background info Hood.
Things have quieted down long enough on the "runaway axes front", that I have been actually able to get some work done.
I think I'll work on my patience skills, and give the CNCdrive guys time to work on the issue. If it gets to the point that I get stuck again, I might have to jump ship at last, though It would be a shame, I like the UC100 a lot.

Marco