Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:25:24 AM

Author Topic: LC Pro not working?  (Read 10155 times)

Re: LC Pro not working?
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 07:42:18 PM »
Brian,

In the lazycam window above, there is a 90 degree corner in the lower left......why does Lazycam generate a radiused path in that corner?

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 10:40:05 AM »
I will see if I can find a setting that will make it not work... Could you send me your Lcam.XML? That will give me your settings and tell me a bit more about why it is not working for you.

You don't want to have sharp corners because if you have an angle that is small it will get a very long point. The best thing to do is to round the corner.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 11:08:51 AM »
Here is the Lazycam.xml file.

With regard to the corner.....what if I want it to be a sharp 90 degrees, what if it must be for the part to function?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 11:12:50 AM by split63 »
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 12:37:21 AM »
Brian,
I had not heard from you so I decided to play around with it.   It turns out that the problem was because "Auto Leadins" were set to on.   I turned this off and was able to generate the offsets. 
However, When I would highlight all three holes and attempt to create the offset, only one of the three would receive the offset path.  I found I had to select each hole separately and create an indvidual offset.
Also, when I create the offset around the part, it radiuses the lower left corner just as it did for you...which is a problem.
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 04:35:10 PM »
You have to round the corners and that is how ever cam system is going to do it... There are ways to stop from doing this but as soon as you say connect the lines you are opening up a world of problems... Here is a Pic of a highend Cam system that is $15,000.00 and you see they do it the same way... Is there a problem why you can't cut an arc?

I will look into getting the offset to work with Multi select.. we didn't think of the :(  But I LOVE the idea!

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 06:28:42 PM »
Doing the offset of each hole/slot is a real pain, espeically since the cut details must be entered in for each.   I was hoping that when I set the cut details for the INSDE1 layer, that all inside offset created there after would take on those settings. 

oh, the other cool thing would be to "recommend" the "feeds and speeds" based on the material, and diameter and type of end mill used, and auto fill in those sections of the Cut detail.  After all, this is "lazy" cam.
At this point I'm not clear what the "Tool Number" does?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 08:33:49 PM by split63 »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 07:32:38 PM »
Hi, split63

Have you tried cutting this out, I think your corner of "contention" will be square.

Go back to LC load your file generate an outside .25 offset.

Right click on your Layer 2, Delete it, Now generate a inside layer on the remaning object.

Looks like a square corner to me.

The tool # is used by Mach to select your tool with the .25 rad. cutter, For proper offset.

Wow what a Bata Program, Sorry for the "Rev. Engineering Hear".

Thanks Art, Brian and All, Chip
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »
Yep, it appears that it will make a square corner.  Somehow I was seeing a radius on the part itself, and now I don't.  My mistake.

I did not realize that Mach had a "tool table"....cool.   Learn something new about Mach everytime I use it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 08:36:10 PM by split63 »
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 10:01:20 PM »
The Feed and Speed table is a VERY good idea... I think that is down the road a bit but i like what you are thinking!

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 08:33:29 PM »
Try using the zoom feature to make the holes appear on the screen larger.  I don't get it, but that is what I was told to do.  I works most times to correct a problem.  I actually use it all the time to prevent problems.  I guess it's a bug with the progam.