Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:50:55 AM

Author Topic: Which LazyCAM is newer?  (Read 11114 times)

Which LazyCAM is newer?
« on: February 07, 2015, 11:05:43 AM »
Which LazyCAM is newer, the one that comes with the Mach3 download, or the separate LazyCAM beta download?

I installed both, with the LazyCAM beta download installed in its own folder.

When I check the Help/About screens, the one bundled with Mach3 says 3.00.2.

The separate download says it is 3.00.

And in Control Panel/Apps, the one Mach3 installed says it is 3.00.2, and the separate download says it is 3.01.

The actual EXE file on the one that comes w/ Mach3 is dated 1/3/2008, and is 5,476,352 bytes.

The actual EXE that comes with the separate download is dated 12/27/2007 and is 5,365,760 bytes.

So not sure which one I should concentrate on.

Any enlightenment would be welcome.

Thanks!

(I did buy a license, BTW, I'm committed to using this).

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Which LazyCAM is newer?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 08:13:39 PM »
cgallery,

I use LazyCam version 3.002 ( when in LC the about says that is the version )
The LC exe  in my Mach3 directory is dated 1/3/2008.

You should install Mach3, and before Mach3 is finished installing,you will be asked if you want install LazyCam and that is when you should. Not sure on the following, it's been some time now, but, if you install LC later, I think that the generated file
will not automaticly post into Mach3 ........as said it's been years.

BTW, there is LC Manual in Members Docs. Best you have a read of the manual and don't hack at it.
You may grow into something somewhat better later on. LC is what it is.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 12:43:46 AM »
Thank you Rich.

I did try totally uninstalling and reinstalling Mach3 + LazyCam, but no love on posting.  Not a huge deal, I can simply do a LOAD in Mach3.

I am having a peculiar problem.  When I create an offset of a circle, then add a lean-in, and then try to add tabs, the tabs don't seem to "take."  If my material is .5", and I add 2-3 .125" deep tabs, the code generate only cuts to .375. 

I can achieve the tabs on an offsetted rectangle, and I can add tabs to a circle not created by the offset feature.

Any ideas?

And yes, I have the manual, but I'm running into a problem or two I was unable to test with the demo version because I wasn't able to generate code and see it run.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 06:26:04 AM »
In reguards to posting to Mach see attached file.
Tick the box  so that it posts to Mach.
RICH
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:27:52 AM by RICH »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 06:29:34 AM »
Any ideas?

Post the l.cam file

RICH
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 09:57:16 AM »
I tried creating a clean LCAM file and I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong because this time when I tried to add tabs to the part, the offseted component stopped displaying on the screen.

I'm including my LCAM file, hopefully you can tell me what I'm doing incorrectly.  I have a feeling it is the order of my operations.

They were:
(1) Load DXF file
(2) Autoclean (which I have set to relayer)
(3) Select my speaker's through hole and do Offset (inside) with .25" tool from my tool selection
(4) Go back to project and delete INSIDE2 layer (my original hole that was now offset)
(5) Set my layer rapid and cut depths (.5 and -.5, respectively)
(6) Select Chains tab
(8) Click on Tab button for Tab flyout
(9) Chose tab length of .375 and tabs quantity of 3, click okay

And now my hole vanishes from screen.

Any pointers would be helpful

I'm including my LCAM and also my DXF files.

I've struggled with tabs, I'll admit, and I'm pretty sure once I know a better order and what the heck I'm doing, I'll be much better at things.

Edit to add:  I went back and added a lead-in before step six and now my circle stays on the screen after I set the tabs, but I still don't think the tabs are working correctly.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 10:02:47 AM by cgallery »
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 10:12:09 AM »
I'm uploading another version of the same LCAM file, this time I've added the tabs to the circle and it appears from looking at things a bit more than the circle is a single, large tab.  I know I'm doing something wrong.

Edit to add:  Well, I tried not doing an offset, first, and I still can't get tabs on a circle.  It just treats the entire circle as one giant tab.

So do I need to do something to my drawing before importing it?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 10:19:06 AM by cgallery »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 10:46:22 AM »
I'll take a look at the file later.
I wrote some info on tabbing some time ago, can't find the stupid file, but was in a reply to someone so it's on this site.
Anyway, tabbing can be a little finicky, sometimes a real PIA. In fact only remember 1 post from someone wanting to use tabs in all this time.
Your the second one. ;D

If I want tabs, I create them in the CAD file. In fact, for  what ever I want to machine / machining steps are created in the CAD  and put on different layers in CAD.

Later,
RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 10:55:55 AM »
cgallery,

Link to Tabing Tutorial:
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12078.msg107109.html#msg107109

Your the second one.
  Sorry, maybe the 4th or 5th one........ :P :D

RICH
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 05:19:40 PM »
Okay thank you for all your help, Rich.

Funny that before getting the license for LazyCam Pro, I was creating all the tabbing in my CAD.  And the offsets, and the pocketing.  I figured I was supposed to let LazyCam do that now.

And it is funny I'm only the second guy interested in tabbing.  As I've been researching my issue (via Google), I've run across that same sentiment quite a bit.  Seems like people are either onion skinning or doing nothing.

I had run into that tutorial on tabbing before.  Funny thing is, if I adding tabbing to a square, LazyCam seems to work differently and actually does tabbing on it, not so much a circle.

So I guess I had to read the tutorial more and figure out a good way to do things.

Thanks for all the help.