Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:00:28 AM

Author Topic: how to assign a script to a (VistaCNC) pendant button?  (Read 3736 times)

how to assign a script to a (VistaCNC) pendant button?
« on: February 05, 2015, 04:15:23 PM »
I have a script installed in Mach3 that is called by the "Auto tool zero" button on the Program Run page (in the Tool Information box in the standard 1024.set screen layout) that I would like to assign to one of the function buttons on my VistaCNC PS-2 pendant.  I found the script attached to a Youtube video that went through the details of how to install it and get it running, which I followed no problem.  I just haven't managed to find the right documentation that describes how I can take that function and apply it to the pendant...doesn't seem to be in any of the places I'd expect either at ArtSoft or VistaCNC.  I figured with all the knowledge floating around here coming up with someone that's done this already (or at least knows how) would be the best way to find out how to get it done.  Any help would be greatly appreciated... TIA  <marv>

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: how to assign a script to a (VistaCNC) pendant button?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 07:22:34 PM »
put the script into a macro call it what ever then set it on one of the buttons in the control panel for the pendant
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 11:49:52 AM »
put the script into a macro call it what ever then set it on one of the buttons in the control panel for the pendant

Thanks, Daniel, that seems to have worked.  Once I figured out how to assign the macro it was easy to make a copy of the script behind the "Auto tool zero" button, give that copy a macro ID and put the macro on my chosen pendant button.  Now I can try to do the same for a few other functions I find myself using all the time and have life be much easier as a result. yay!!

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 01:16:40 PM »
when I got mine it was like why did i what