Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:19:12 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Thread mill wizard> multiple holes possible?  (Read 4806 times)

Mach 3 Thread mill wizard> multiple holes possible?
« on: March 02, 2006, 09:56:09 PM »
I am needing to drill and tap a lot of holes for the same part for a product.  I really like the Mach 3 Thread mill wizard, it is exactly what I am looking for.  Being that I am brand new to CNC, I am not positive but it appears that you can only program one hole at a time.  I am looking for a way to drill the holes, then switch to the thread mill and cut the threads, then drop in the next part and start over. 

Will the wiazrd do this for me?  If not I would really appreciate some suggestions on a method to do this. 

Thanks

vmax549

Re: Mach 3 Thread mill wizard> multiple holes possible?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 04:19:27 PM »
Do you have a picture/drawing of the part you can post. There are many ways to do it depending on the actual part design. What size holes and what thread pitch, how many holes, are they in a pattern or random, Are the holes thru holes or blind??  (;-) Terry
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 05:56:16 PM »
In the NFS Wizards you would have to do the holes one at a time but you could do 200 holes if you like... it would just add to the program...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 11:23:28 PM »
Ok thanks fellas.  I actually spent some time today with B-cad and got some workable scrits together that I can simply copy and paste to different x/y.  UPS shows up Monday with this MAXNC10CL, my first ever machine, so I have been getting my ducks in a row so I can dive right into some parts I need.  It comes with MAXnc software, I have no idea if it is cool, but I have been fooling around with Mach3 and will probably go that route.  Pretty slick stuff for the price. 

I have a lot of holes that need threading on a regular basis, spaced 40mm apart straight in a row, 6 feet of them per part.  I want to use a thread mill for the 10-32 threads so that is why I am looking for a system to do multi holes drillin/threading.