Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:58:39 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 wont run  (Read 4647 times)

Mach 3 wont run
« on: January 29, 2015, 12:13:54 PM »
I have changed computers and now am battling to get Mach 3 to run at all it ran on the old mc but it died last night I have tried to reload the settings a in the instructional videos and have had no luck at all beginning to doubt the boards as I have leds on the parralel port but no power going to the stepper motors Thats to say I see the DRO moving but the motors are stationary.Is there any one who has a 4 axis wing cutter XML file I can crib to try get this running
I don't know if its because I am running windows 7 as I was using XP

I loaded a demo copy from the Mach 3 site and the used the licence file I had saved
I can get the system to run but the motors won't run even though there is power to them.
The g code runs fine but there is no out put to the motors.
I must be missing something but just don't seem to see what
I have even gone into the Bios to check the Parrallel port is set to EPP

Checked that Not that it is 378 EPP as per the Bios Its got to be something really simple but it has got me stumped
It might be the computer as Not even my Foamworks 3 is working
perhaps there is something in the background that needs to be set or disabled?
Neville

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 wont run
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 11:32:21 AM »
I trust you Win7 OS is 32bit not 64 ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: Mach 3 wont run
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 01:24:47 PM »
Hi Tweakie
Yes the computers that I have used are 32 bit and both of them have the same problem Both are Dell computers
the first unit used to run the mach  but in my wisdom and at the advise of a fellow cnc builder we formated and reloaded Xp to try get the foam works working faster
Once we did this all was lost and we were unable to get it running again almost as though there is something in the background stalling the system