Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:25:42 PM

Author Topic: Configuration Mach3 for my machine  (Read 7831 times)

Configuration Mach3 for my machine
« on: April 08, 2007, 04:19:06 PM »
Hi,
I am French, I have a problem with my machine CNC 4-Axis because I don't manage to configure it. I have a controller SM44PCV5 which comes from company GWR Elektronik. I have the handbook of the controller but it is in german and I don't understand german. Can you help me to configure my machine with Mach3 please ? Thank you.
Please contact me, kotobeco@free.fr.

Hood

Re: Configuration Mach3 for my machine
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 06:46:33 PM »
How does the controller connect to the computer? Do you have pinouts for it? Is it steppers or servos?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 04:38:08 AM »

Dear sir,
  Thank you for your e-mail.
  The controller connects to the computer by the parallel port, yes, I have the pinouts for it. It is steppers.

best regards

Anthony

Hood

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 03:53:11 PM »
First thing you will have to do is go into the ports and pins page (Config menu ) and set up your parallel port to the correct address. You will get that in the device manager of windows. Then you will have to assign the motors pins to the numbers that they use now (in your pin outs) Then any inputs and outputs will have to be set up in a similar manner. Once you have that done you can go to the motor tuning page and enter and save the details for each axis. You will need to know how many steps it takes to move your axis one unit (1mm I would presume in your case) Then you can start adjusting the velocity and acceleration to get the optimal tuning of your motors.
 There is a video on the downloads page giving the basic setup of Mach, it is in English though, but I am sure even watching it may help even though you dont follow exactly what is being said.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 04:28:43 PM »
Dear sir,
 Hood, could you parameterize my machine on a file XML if I send you the characteristics of my machine in German  ?
 Thank you for your help.

Hood

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 04:35:56 PM »
Not promising as I dont know German but will give it a go. Post the file here or PM me and I will give you an email address to send it to
Hood