Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:45:54 AM

Author Topic: Home switches problem  (Read 3550 times)

Home switches problem
« on: January 19, 2015, 09:09:13 PM »
Hi,
I am new in this so please bare with me :)

I just built my CNC router and I have installed my home switches on the 3 axises in series (NC). I have a Xylotex 4 axis driver board and I connected my switches to port 13 through a 10K resistor as per Xylotex support. The switches are working great when I read the voltage. The pin is 0V when any of the switches are not tripped and 5V when it is tripped. I also configured the switches through the Mach3 auto detect feature and it is working fine every time I trip one of the switches. so the connections are good.

Now the problem is when i click ref all home, the machine doesn't move and the machine coordinates reset to zero instantly as if it tripped the switches. Can you guys help me figure out why is this happening? I ran out of options here and don't know exactly what is the problem.

Thanks

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Home switches problem
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 09:14:30 PM »
DID you set up homing in config?? Set the port/pins the SAME as limits ?  IS the active High/Low set properly for the inputs ?

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 09:25:26 PM »
DID you set up homing in config?? Set the port/pins the SAME as limits ?  IS the active High/Low set properly for the inputs ?

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Yes. I guess. here is my configuration for both
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:27:03 PM by maly-miller »
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 10:29:50 PM »

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Here is a hint. when i click one switch only the 3 light up in diagnostic which i think the case since it is connected in series. Here is another one. It works normally when motors r not connected and i simulate the tripping. once i connect the motors and click ref home it acts funny

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 11:00:06 PM »
OK IS this a LPT version of Mach3 or do you have an outside controller ?

(;-) TP
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 08:46:37 AM »
OK IS this a LPT version of Mach3 or do you have an outside controller ?

(;-) TP

It is LPT version installed on a 32bit windows 7. I think it might be noise on the switches wires. I will try putting a capacitor to act as a low pass filter to decrease the noise and see

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 05:57:07 AM »
It does sound like noise, set a debounce interval of 2000 and see if that helps, its on General Config page.
If it does then personally I would try and cure the problem by properly shielding and grounding the limit switch wires.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 07:50:18 PM »
It does sound like noise, set a debounce interval of 2000 and see if that helps, its on General Config page.
If it does then personally I would try and cure the problem by properly shielding and grounding the limit switch wires.
Hood

Perfect it worked. It was 0 I changed it to 2000  and it worked.
Thanks man.
Cheers