Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:38:41 AM

Author Topic: Port2 Pin 2-9 cannot use as input signals  (Read 1818 times)

Port2 Pin 2-9 cannot use as input signals
« on: January 15, 2015, 03:24:40 AM »
Dear Sir

I have some problem about parallel port 2 address configure. I want to use Hand wheel input pin for Port 2 Pin (2-9). But these (2-9) pins cannot use perfectly as input signal. My problem is as follow..

My port 2 address is 'c010' and the software cannot recognize the pin (2-9) as input. So I change the port 2 address to 'c000' and test again. There are the same problem. So I change the port2 address to 'c010' again and test again. This time the port2 pins (2-9) are working as input and the handwheel can work well. But I restart my mach3 computer and test again with handwheel. I face the same problem. If I change port2 address two times (change c000 and then c010), the problem is ok.

So I need to change port2 address two times when I always start my machine. How can I solve this problem. Please give some advice for this problem. Thank a lot..

Hightechkey

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Port2 Pin 2-9 cannot use as input signals
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 06:04:05 AM »
You could try swapping the slots or deleting from device manager and restarting the PC.
Problem with PCI ports is often they do not have the full capability of onboard ports some work, some dont and some half work like yours.
In fact the best advice is probably to get an external controller that supports all the functions you want and has enough I/O for your needs.
Hood