Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:52:58 AM

Author Topic: re: Mach-3 for a lathe  (Read 18206 times)

Re: re: Mach-3 for a lathe
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2007, 04:00:10 PM »
Hello Chip
 The machine is using stepper's, Ok i'll give it a go and see if that works out for the machine, what about the size of the machine length and the travel is that configuration  in Mach-3 ball screww pitch and gear ratio where are these setting's or what are they in Mach-3 there are so many sub titles looking through the manual there's a lot of info and not having used it before it hard to understand where to go and how to get it going.

Thanks for the help
Dennis 
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2007, 05:16:44 PM »
Chip
tried to set up the config as you suggested when i drive the stepper's manual they work about right no stall but when i use the MDI line to move the X or  Z a given distance the drive just continualy moves i have to hit the E-stop whats going on here ?
I use the MDI line and use G00 Z-1 and the carrage moves continusly until i stop it.
 using the lower numbers the drives hardly would move so i bumped them up unitl they started moveing correctly.
Dennis

Hood

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2007, 06:36:41 PM »
Dennis, can you post your xml
Hood

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2007, 08:49:03 PM »
Hi, Dennis

Mach's default jog speed (Arrow Keys) is about F6, 6 in a min., A G00 will run at your max Velocity setting speed.

Try a G01 Z-1, Maybe thats what's going on hear, But the run-away issue must be your Step's Per aren't set right.

I've sent you a Personal Msg.

Post your XMl File as Hood Asked, It's in your Mach3 Folder. C:\Mach3\Mach3Turn.XML, or where ever Mach3 is install on your computer.

Sometimes the install to Dir is Mach3R183.....?, If you didn't change it at Select Destination Directory window during your install

Thanks, Chip

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2007, 09:47:31 PM »
Hi, Dennis

Don't now if you've found the "Tab Key" Pop-up Window, It will allow you to set a step distance in the Cycle Jog Step by clicking on it or entering a value in the Window just to the right,

The "Jog Mode" just below it will allow you to set Cont., Step Modes and (MPG Mode if hooked up also), set it to Step Mode, will help you hear.

There a pop-up calculators option you can turn on also, Under Operator tab (Click on it and any time you click on a value entry display it will pop-up .

Your rite So-Many options and some are hard to find in Manual (Its hard to keep up with all the addons in the manual)

Hope this Helps on the L-Curv..., Chip
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2007, 06:47:14 PM »
Hi Chip
recieved your PM let me know when i can give you call .

Rg's
Dennis

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2007, 12:28:23 AM »
Hi, Dennis

Most any time up till midnight any way.

Thanks, Chip
Florida
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2007, 06:53:24 PM »
Hi Guy's
 Well after talking with you Chip this morning i followed your suggestion and removed Mach-3 from my computer and did a fresh install, and found the same condition in motor tuning when i set the pulse and step to say 3 or 4 even 5 close the program and open it up again the program on it's own changed the configuration to some different numbers other then what i had saved so something wrong here? and it's beyond me to resolve it.

Rg's
Dennis
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2007, 08:03:09 PM »
Hi Guys'
 one more thing i forgot to add i have downloaded the latest version it's .067 one other sugestion Chip made.

Rg's
Dennis
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2007, 10:53:53 AM »
Hi Guy's
Well playing around with the G00 move i finaly got the machine to stop running away but the move is way off i ask for a move of 
5 MM and get 25 MM what do i adjust to componsate for this move i have looked through everything i can find and no luck so far.

Rg's
Dennis